And according to ESPN, Arsenal have completed a deal to sign Greek global Papastathopoulos.
Since replacing Arsene Wenger as manager, Unai Emery has already bolstered the defence with the free transfer of Stephan Lichsteiner and a £16 million deal for Borussia Dortmund centre-back Sokratis Papastathopoulos but adding physical presence in midfield is another priority.More news: North Korea Summit: Best Donald Trump & Kim Jong-un Memes
Leno's promising form has attracted interest from several clubs this summer with CalcioMercato claiming that Arsenal, Liverpool and Napoli has all been battling to sign the player in recent weeks.
Arsenal are nearing their second signing of the summer window: Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria.More news: The reason why Meghan Markle stood behind Kate Middleton on the balcony
The lack of Champions League football, in addition to big spending on transfers and wages over the last two years, has left Emery with a modest budget with which to improve his squad.
"I believe we can grow with the players we have", he said.More news: Clint Bowyer takes rain-shortened MI race
- How to pre-register for The Elder Scrolls: Blades
- Canada parliament slams US' Trudeau attack
- Your kitchen towel could give you food poisoning
- Tesla laying off 9 percent of workforce
- Ireland: Polish man Mikolaj Wilk murdered in home invasion, partner seriously injured
- Greece and Macedonia reach deal to end decades-old name dispute
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy rejects PM Modi’s fitness challenge, see his reply
- Don’t tie our hands in Brexit negotiations, British government tells parliament
- Angelina Jolie could lose primary custody of kids with Brad Pitt
- Nike Seeks to Stop Iran's National Team From Using Their Cleats