And according to ESPN, Arsenal have completed a deal to sign Greek global Papastathopoulos.
Since replacing Arsene Wenger as manager, Unai Emery has already bolstered the defence with the free transfer of Stephan Lichsteiner and a £16 million deal for Borussia Dortmund centre-back Sokratis Papastathopoulos but adding physical presence in midfield is another priority.More news: Vienna Possible Venue For Putin-Trump Meeting
Leno's promising form has attracted interest from several clubs this summer with CalcioMercato claiming that Arsenal, Liverpool and Napoli has all been battling to sign the player in recent weeks.
Arsenal are nearing their second signing of the summer window: Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria.More news: IL officer saves 1-year-old seen running on highway
The lack of Champions League football, in addition to big spending on transfers and wages over the last two years, has left Emery with a modest budget with which to improve his squad.
"I believe we can grow with the players we have", he said.More news: Ireland: Polish man Mikolaj Wilk murdered in home invasion, partner seriously injured
- Raccoon scales Minnesota office tower, captivating public
- Arsenal, Liverpool Target Thomas Lemar Agrees to Join Atletico Madrid
- Don’t tie our hands in Brexit negotiations, British government tells parliament
- Clint Bowyer takes rain-shortened MI race
- North Korea Summit: Best Donald Trump & Kim Jong-un Memes
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Officially Passes $2 Billion at the Box Office
- Angelina Jolie could lose primary custody of kids with Brad Pitt
- Your kitchen towel could give you food poisoning
- Selfie death as British tourist plunges off cliff in Portugal
- Nike Seeks to Stop Iran's National Team From Using Their Cleats