And according to ESPN, Arsenal have completed a deal to sign Greek global Papastathopoulos.
Since replacing Arsene Wenger as manager, Unai Emery has already bolstered the defence with the free transfer of Stephan Lichsteiner and a £16 million deal for Borussia Dortmund centre-back Sokratis Papastathopoulos but adding physical presence in midfield is another priority.More news: Trump signs `comprehensive document' with Kim as summit ends
Leno's promising form has attracted interest from several clubs this summer with CalcioMercato claiming that Arsenal, Liverpool and Napoli has all been battling to sign the player in recent weeks.
Arsenal are nearing their second signing of the summer window: Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria.More news: How to pre-register for The Elder Scrolls: Blades
The lack of Champions League football, in addition to big spending on transfers and wages over the last two years, has left Emery with a modest budget with which to improve his squad.
"I believe we can grow with the players we have", he said.More news: Uber and Lyft looking to start offering electric scooter services
- Vienna Possible Venue For Putin-Trump Meeting
- IL officer saves 1-year-old seen running on highway
- Justify wins Belmont to become 13th Triple Crown champion
- Canada parliament slams US' Trudeau attack
- Trump hails US, Mexico, Canada 2026 SWC win via Twitter
- The reason why Meghan Markle stood behind Kate Middleton on the balcony
- Don’t tie our hands in Brexit negotiations, British government tells parliament
- Trump critic Mark Sanford falls in South Carolina GOP primary
- Selfie death as British tourist plunges off cliff in Portugal
- Former UNI player Nick Nurse becoming Toronto Raptors' head coach