And according to ESPN, Arsenal have completed a deal to sign Greek global Papastathopoulos.
Since replacing Arsene Wenger as manager, Unai Emery has already bolstered the defence with the free transfer of Stephan Lichsteiner and a £16 million deal for Borussia Dortmund centre-back Sokratis Papastathopoulos but adding physical presence in midfield is another priority.More news: ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Officially Passes $2 Billion at the Box Office
Leno's promising form has attracted interest from several clubs this summer with CalcioMercato claiming that Arsenal, Liverpool and Napoli has all been battling to sign the player in recent weeks.
Arsenal are nearing their second signing of the summer window: Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria.More news: Angelina Jolie could lose primary custody of kids with Brad Pitt
The lack of Champions League football, in addition to big spending on transfers and wages over the last two years, has left Emery with a modest budget with which to improve his squad.
"I believe we can grow with the players we have", he said.More news: Trump critic Mark Sanford falls in South Carolina GOP primary
- Clint Bowyer takes rain-shortened MI race
- Tottenham's Toby Alderweireld says he could stay amid Manchester United links
- The reason why Meghan Markle stood behind Kate Middleton on the balcony
- Ireland: Polish man Mikolaj Wilk murdered in home invasion, partner seriously injured
- Tesla laying off 9 percent of workforce
- Selfie death as British tourist plunges off cliff in Portugal
- Former UNI player Nick Nurse becoming Toronto Raptors' head coach
- Vienna Possible Venue For Putin-Trump Meeting
- Dennis Rodman broke down in tears talking about North Korea-US situation
- How to pre-register for The Elder Scrolls: Blades