US President Donald Trump says his top economic adviser Larry Kudlow has had a heart attack and is now in hospital. "He is now in Walter Reed Medical Center", Trump said on Twitter minutes before he was scheduled to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore.
The White House didn't immediately comment on his condition. Kudlow's wife, Judy Pond, told the Washington Post late Monday night that "he's doing fine".More news: Patrick Vieira named new Nice manager after leaving New York City FC
The meeting was shadowed by the Trump administration's escalation of rhetoric on trade and tariffs and splintered shortly after the president left Quebec and tweeted he was pulling back his approval of a joint statement by the group. The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center is in suburban Maryland.More news: Elon Musk’s flamethrowers hit eBay with sky-high resale prices
Kudlow joined Trump last week in Canada for the G-7 meeting of world leaders.
Kudlow had worked as a White House budget aide in the Reagan administration, and had also been an informal advisor to the 2016 Trump campaign. He did several media interviews on Sunday to vigorously defend Trump after the president's trade spat with summit host Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. He was a CNBC contributor before returning to the White House this year.More news: North Atlantic Treaty Organisation in crisis as Donald Trump lashes out at key allies
- Apple Updates App Store Guidelines, Tightens Rules for Crypto-Related Apps
- Trump says Larry Kudlow suffers a heart attack
- Anthony Bourdain's daughter performs tribute show wearing dad's gift
- The Trump administration will stop granting asylum to domestic abuse victims
- Net Neutrality Repeal Ends Chances of Regulations
- Biggest announcements from EA at E3 ft. Federation Internationale de Football Association 19, Anthem and more
- E3 2018: Just Cause 4 Gameplay Trailer Introduces Extreme Weather, More
- Russia Has Lowest-Rated Team at 2018 World Cup
- Queen’s Birthday Honours 2018
- Dennis Rodman arrives in Singapore ahead of Trump-Kim summit