US President Donald Trump says his top economic adviser Larry Kudlow has had a heart attack and is now in hospital. "He is now in Walter Reed Medical Center", Trump said on Twitter minutes before he was scheduled to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore.
The White House didn't immediately comment on his condition. Kudlow's wife, Judy Pond, told the Washington Post late Monday night that "he's doing fine".More news: Queen’s Birthday Honours 2018
The meeting was shadowed by the Trump administration's escalation of rhetoric on trade and tariffs and splintered shortly after the president left Quebec and tweeted he was pulling back his approval of a joint statement by the group. The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center is in suburban Maryland.More news: Trump SLAMS Canada’s Trudeau Over G7 Comments — ARCTIC BLAST
Kudlow joined Trump last week in Canada for the G-7 meeting of world leaders.
Kudlow had worked as a White House budget aide in the Reagan administration, and had also been an informal advisor to the 2016 Trump campaign. He did several media interviews on Sunday to vigorously defend Trump after the president's trade spat with summit host Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. He was a CNBC contributor before returning to the White House this year.More news: Apple Updates App Store Guidelines, Tightens Rules for Crypto-Related Apps
- New Assassin's Creed: Odyssey screenshots leaked
- Trump tweeting about G-7 before Kim meeting
- Dennis Rodman arrives in Singapore ahead of Trump-Kim summit
- Robert De Niro at the 2018 Tony Awards: 'F--k Trump'
- Biggest announcements from EA at E3 ft. Federation Internationale de Football Association 19, Anthem and more
- The Trump administration will stop granting asylum to domestic abuse victims
- Trump says Larry Kudlow suffers a heart attack
- Missing Air Force officer found 35 years later
- Neal Boyd (1975 - 2018), "America's Got Talent" winner…
- Kanye West Could Not Stop Smiling on 'Celebrity Family Feud'