US President Donald Trump says his top economic adviser Larry Kudlow has had a heart attack and is now in hospital. "He is now in Walter Reed Medical Center", Trump said on Twitter minutes before he was scheduled to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore.
The White House didn't immediately comment on his condition. Kudlow's wife, Judy Pond, told the Washington Post late Monday night that "he's doing fine".More news: North Atlantic Treaty Organisation in crisis as Donald Trump lashes out at key allies
The meeting was shadowed by the Trump administration's escalation of rhetoric on trade and tariffs and splintered shortly after the president left Quebec and tweeted he was pulling back his approval of a joint statement by the group. The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center is in suburban Maryland.More news: Kanye West Could Not Stop Smiling on 'Celebrity Family Feud'
Kudlow joined Trump last week in Canada for the G-7 meeting of world leaders.
Kudlow had worked as a White House budget aide in the Reagan administration, and had also been an informal advisor to the 2016 Trump campaign. He did several media interviews on Sunday to vigorously defend Trump after the president's trade spat with summit host Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. He was a CNBC contributor before returning to the White House this year.More news: Missing Air Force officer found 35 years later
- Kylie Jenner Deletes All Pictures Of Stormi Webster From Instagram
- E3 2018: Just Cause 4 Gameplay Trailer Introduces Extreme Weather, More
- Neal Boyd (1975 - 2018), "America's Got Talent" winner…
- Apple Updates App Store Guidelines, Tightens Rules for Crypto-Related Apps
- "Fair trade now fool trade", Trump vents anger on North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies, Trudeau
- Patrick Vieira named new Nice manager after leaving New York City FC
- EU agreed time not right for G7 to readmit Russia: Merkel
- New Assassin's Creed: Odyssey screenshots leaked
- Fans scream as Eminem uses gunshot sounds during Bonnaroo gig
- Kim Jong Un goes for surprise nighttime walk ahead of summit