Consumers have known for the past couple of weeks that the chain was going to change its name, but no one knew for certain what the "b" stood for.
"In fact, you can get pancakes with your burger at the same time so you don't even have to choose", he said. On Monday, the company unveiled what the B stands for, and IHOP fans were less than pleased.
"Dear Internet, we abbreciate your batience".More news: Elon Musk’s flamethrowers hit eBay with sky-high resale prices
This is not the first big name chain restaurant to try a cheeky marketing campaign to drive new business.
But maybe the most savage of all was the notoriously cheeky social media team at Wendy's, who responded to the name change in true sassy form. "B-hold! #IHOb", the company said in its tweet. Despite its change to serving beef, IHOb's famous pancakes will be sticking around, too.
IHOP has revealed what was behind its mysterious tweets last week about changing its name to IHOb, at least temporarily.More news: Robert De Niro bleeped at Tony Awards for Trump F-bomb
Some people love the new change while others...not so much.
Meant to promote a new line of hamburgers as the restaurant chain tries to branch out from its breakfast niche, the switch is part of a marketing campaign and not an actual rebranding, company officials told CNN.
"Burger places are already a packed market and as a self proclaimed burger expert I question this decision", the wrestler adds.More news: Queen’s Birthday Honours 2018
"Burgers are a quintessential, American menu item so it makes ideal sense", said Chef Nevielle Panthaky, Head of Culinary at IHOb.
- E3 2018: Just Cause 4 Gameplay Trailer Introduces Extreme Weather, More
- Kim Jong Un goes for surprise nighttime walk ahead of summit
- White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow suffers heart attack, Trump says
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation in crisis as Donald Trump lashes out at key allies
- Anthony Bourdain's daughter performs tribute show wearing dad's gift
- EU agreed time not right for G7 to readmit Russia: Merkel
- Detroit Pistons Name Dwane Casey as Head Coach
- Fans scream as Eminem uses gunshot sounds during Bonnaroo gig
- Burger joints start social "beef" with "IHOB"
- Dennis Rodman arrives in Singapore ahead of Trump-Kim summit