This post will be updated when more information is available.More news: Nadal takes 2nd set as French Open QF resumes
He said Mr Kudlow has been "working so hard" on trade and the economy.
Vice President Mike Pence also tweeted about Mr Kudlow's heart attack.
Kudlow, a former economic adviser to President Ronald Reagan and a Wall Street economist, has played a key role in ongoing trade talks, including disputes with China that led Trump to threaten tariffs.More news: Elon Musk’s flamethrowers hit eBay with sky-high resale prices
Kudlow, 70, was one of the administration's point men waging war against Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau for "betrayal" on the Sunday shows for Trudeau's vows to stand up against US tariffs.
It was not immediately known when Kudlow suffered the heart attack. Before joining the White House, he had vehementlyopposed the protectionist trade agenda that Trump promoted, but he became a forceful advocate for Trump's policies since joining the administration.
The heart attack comes just days after Kudlow raised eyebrows by claiming Justin Trudeau "stabbed us in the back" after a G7 summit hosted by the Canadian leader ended in acrimony. He left that position in the early 1990s to treat an addiction to alcohol and drugs. His recovery has always been a source of pride for him and his friends, contributing to his optimistic outlook.More news: Biggest announcements from EA at E3 ft. Federation Internationale de Football Association 19, Anthem and more
- Star Fox is back in 'Starlink: Battle for Atlas'
- Net Neutrality Repeal Ends Chances of Regulations
- Calum MacLeod hammers fastest ODI hundred for Scotland, shatters records
- Surprise! Ariana Grande and 'SNL' Star Pete Davidson Are Engaged
- Intercontinental Cup: Sunil Chhetri’s India seek crowning glory, Kenya stand in way
- Trump tweeting about G-7 before Kim meeting
- Square Enix E3 2018
- The Trump administration will stop granting asylum to domestic abuse victims
- Wendy's had a savage response to the IHOb name change
- Kim Jong Un goes for surprise nighttime walk ahead of summit