US President Donald Trump on Tuesday (Jun 12) tweeted that his top economic advisor had suffered a heart attack.
Mr. Kudlow's condition was not immediately clear.More news: The Trump-Kim Summit: What You Need to Know
"Our Great Larry Kudlow, who has been working so hard on trade and the economy, has just suffered a heart attack", Trump tweeted Monday evening, US time. During President Ronald Reagan's first term, Kudlow was associate director for economics and planning in the White House's Office of Management and Budget. The meeting was shadowed by the Trump administration's escalation of rhetoric on trade and tariffs and splintered shortly after the president left Quebec and tweeted he was pulling back his approval of a joint statement by the group.
Kudlow, 70, joined Team Trump in mid-March, coming from CNBC.More news: Kylie Jenner Deletes All Pictures Of Stormi Webster From Instagram
Mr. Kudlow is nominally in favour of free trade, but has backed Mr. Trump's nationalistic economic agenda, which has included steel and aluminium tariffs against Canada, Mexico and the European Union, as well as threats of further tariffs on autos. "He is now in Walter Reed Medical Center", Mr. Trump wrote.
Kudlow went on to label Trudeau's news conference, at which the prime minister said "Canadians will not be pushed around" on the issue of tariffs, as a "betrayal".More news: Dennis Rodman arrives in Singapore ahead of Trump-Kim summit
USA conservative commentator and economic analyst Larry Kudlow speaks on the set of CNBC at the closing bell of the Dow Industrial Average at the New York Stock Exchange on March 8, 2018 in New York.
- Robert De Niro at the 2018 Tony Awards: 'F--k Trump'
- Russia Has Lowest-Rated Team at 2018 World Cup
- E3 2018: Just Cause 4 Gameplay Trailer Introduces Extreme Weather, More
- New Assassin's Creed: Odyssey screenshots leaked
- Queen’s Birthday Honours 2018
- Anthony Bourdain's daughter performs tribute show wearing dad's gift
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation in crisis as Donald Trump lashes out at key allies
- Net Neutrality Repeal Ends Chances of Regulations
- The Trump administration will stop granting asylum to domestic abuse victims
- Kanye West Could Not Stop Smiling on 'Celebrity Family Feud'