US President Donald Trump on Tuesday (Jun 12) tweeted that his top economic advisor had suffered a heart attack.
Mr. Kudlow's condition was not immediately clear.More news: Elon Musk’s flamethrowers hit eBay with sky-high resale prices
"Our Great Larry Kudlow, who has been working so hard on trade and the economy, has just suffered a heart attack", Trump tweeted Monday evening, US time. During President Ronald Reagan's first term, Kudlow was associate director for economics and planning in the White House's Office of Management and Budget. The meeting was shadowed by the Trump administration's escalation of rhetoric on trade and tariffs and splintered shortly after the president left Quebec and tweeted he was pulling back his approval of a joint statement by the group.
Kudlow, 70, joined Team Trump in mid-March, coming from CNBC.More news: Queen’s Birthday Honours 2018
Mr. Kudlow is nominally in favour of free trade, but has backed Mr. Trump's nationalistic economic agenda, which has included steel and aluminium tariffs against Canada, Mexico and the European Union, as well as threats of further tariffs on autos. "He is now in Walter Reed Medical Center", Mr. Trump wrote.
Kudlow went on to label Trudeau's news conference, at which the prime minister said "Canadians will not be pushed around" on the issue of tariffs, as a "betrayal".More news: Fans scream as Eminem uses gunshot sounds during Bonnaroo gig
USA conservative commentator and economic analyst Larry Kudlow speaks on the set of CNBC at the closing bell of the Dow Industrial Average at the New York Stock Exchange on March 8, 2018 in New York.
- "Fair trade now fool trade", Trump vents anger on North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies, Trudeau
- Trump tweeting about G-7 before Kim meeting
- Robert DeNiro Says 'F**k Trump' Twice At Tony Awards
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation in crisis as Donald Trump lashes out at key allies
- New Assassin's Creed: Odyssey screenshots leaked
- Trump SLAMS Canada’s Trudeau Over G7 Comments — ARCTIC BLAST
- Russia Has Lowest-Rated Team at 2018 World Cup
- U.S. Supreme Court allows OH and other state voter purges
- Kylie Jenner Deletes All Pictures Of Stormi Webster From Instagram
- Patrick Vieira named new Nice manager after leaving New York City FC