Real Madrid are not the only club looking to hijack United's interest in the midfielder.
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic: I will decide my future after the World Cup
The player, however, will be deciding his future only after getting done with Serbia's campaign at this year's World Cup.
The Lazio midfielder has been linked with a move away from the Biancocelesti, particularly since they slipped out of the Champions League places on the final day of the Serie A season. Manchester United also want to sign Milinkovic-Savic this summer and they are aware of the rivalry from the European Champions.More news: Brad's forecast | Severe storms possible Monday afternoon
The 23-year-old Serbia global is reportedly on the radars of both Manchester United and Juventus, but it appears as though Real find themselves at the front of the queue with a deal that could see Lazio receive around £17m in performance-related bonuses.
Milinkovic-Savic has continuously denied reports linking him with a move to United.More news: Ronaldo's Portugal arrive in Russian Federation ahead of World Cup clash against Spain
Sergej is still believed to be one of the club's prime targets, as Jose Mourinho looks at him as the person to replace Marouane Fellaini, whose time at the club is set to come to an end. Real Madrid is preparing a huge bid of £132m to secure the services of the 23-year -old midfielder, according to Italian newspaper II Messaggero.
Nonetheless, United could also be delay by the Serbia worldwide's price, with Lazio setting an asking value of £87.5million.More news: Fallout 76 will get mod support eventually
Real Madrid, on the other hand, could be set to enter a period of change.
- ICC overturns former DRC Vice President's war crimes conviction - worldwide
- Disclosures show Kushner’s wealth and debt have risen
- United flight bound for Chicago diverted to Ireland
- Rafael Nadal gets emotional after winning 2018 French Open
- "F**k Trump!": Watch Robert DeNiro’s stinging attack at the Tony Awards
- Ubisoft Reveals Beyond Good and Evil 2 Cinematic Trailer
- U.S. unveils de facto embassy in Taiwan amid China tensions
- Neymar mocks Austria's 'UFC' tactics after Brazil win
- Harry Kane says England will be 'aggressive and brave' at World Cup
- Dennis Rodman breaks down in tears during CNN interview on North Korea