Neymar made it two just past the hour mark as he latched onto Willian's chipped pass before sitting Aleksandar Dragovic down with an impudent piece of skill and sidefooting home.
Brazil striker Neymar moved equal with one of his country's all-time greats in an ominous pre-World Cup performance against Austria.More news: Tesla Autopilot update to include first 'full self-driving features'
Neymar was running at full stride against Austria.
After the win over Austria, Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar insists he and his team-mates are dreaming of winning the World Cup once again.
Despite Brazil's chances looking up, coach Tite remains little-known outside his own country where he has spent almost entire career, coaching more than 10 teams, and including three stints at domestic club Corinthians where he made his name.More news: HBO Confirms 'Game Of Thrones' Prequel
He came back in the 2-0 friendly victory over Croatia on June 4 and scored a brilliant goal, evading a couple of challenges before blasting in off the crossbar.
Six minutes later, Selecao bagged a third goal as Coutinho played a neat one-two with Roberto Firmino before placing the ball beyond a helpless Lindner.
Neymar, who will hope to spearhead Brazil's bid for a sixth World Cup win, led the host of Selecao players, who appeared in an unerringly calm and upbeat mood ahead of what promises to be a scintillating tournament. "When we spring him into action in the last third of the field, he is lethal".More news: Fox News host calls Trump a 'dictator' in TV gaffe
Those who like statistics are already salivating: Unless there is an injury, Thiago Silva is set to start the World Cup alongside Miranda in the heart of defence. Nearly two years later, "The Monster" has recovered both form and confidence and edged out his club teammate to form a partnership with Miranda, perhaps the quietest man to ever wear the captain's armband not only for Brazil. It saw a seven-match winning streak, including victories over World Cup host Russian Federation and world champion Germany, come to an end.
- 'Fallout 76' is an online survival game
- Harry Kane says England will be 'aggressive and brave' at World Cup
- Trump and Kim's handshake analyzed around the world
- Super Eagles arrive in Russian Federation
- ICC overturns former DRC Vice President's war crimes conviction - worldwide
- May strikes deal with pro-EU rebels ahead of crunch Brexit votes
- Real Madrid Reportedly to Rival Manchester United for Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
- Rafael Nadal gets emotional after winning 2018 French Open
- Ronaldo's Portugal arrive in Russian Federation ahead of World Cup clash against Spain
- Wilder, Joshua agree fight deal