Chhetri's heartfelt appeal last week was backed by India's cricket heroes Virat Kohli and Sachin Tendulkar after just 2,569 people turned up for India's opening game on June 1.
He had scored three against Chinese Taipei, two each against Kenya in the league game and the final today and one against New Zealand.
Playing in his 102nd global match, Chhetri struck in the eighth and 29th minutes to hand a dominant India the trophy to the wild celebration of the home fans at the Mumbai Football Arena here.
They will look to replicate the performance of their league game against the African side again in the summit clash, which the organisers have claimed to be a "sold out" match.More news: Trump says Larry Kudlow suffers a heart attack
A jampacked Mumbai Football Arena witnessed a historic moment in Indian football as skipper Sunil Chhetri and team thrashed Kenya 2-0, to lift the Intercontinental Cup. Constantine was not. India won't get the chance to make amends for Thursday's dismal defeat in Sunday's final after Kenya pipped the All Whites on goal difference with a 4-0 thrashing of Chinese Taipei, who exited the tournament without scoring a goal.
At the back, India have experienced defenders like Sandesh Jhingan and Pritam Kotal.
GOALKEEPERS: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Amrinder Singh, Vishal Kaith.
India also boast of an array of decent midfielders like Udanta Singh, Anirudh Thapa, Pranay Halder and Halicharan Narzary.More news: Lava from Hawaii's Kilauea volcano creates new coastline
India defeated Kenya 3-0 in their previous encounter, with Chhetri scoring twice during the match.
India were back to their full strength with all seven players, who were rested for the tie against New Zealand, returning to the side.
Simple, solid defensive structures are the first step for many global teams, as will soon be seen at the World Cup in Russian Federation, and the All Whites had safety in numbers at the back throughout the tournament (the breakdown before Kenya's victor was a notable exception).
How and where to watch Intercontinental Cup 2018 Final India v/s Kenya match live streaming online? "I'm happy that the Olympic committee for allowing us for the Asian Cup", said Constantine at the post-match press conference.More news: Biggest announcements from EA at E3 ft. Federation Internationale de Football Association 19, Anthem and more
- Elon Musk’s flamethrowers hit eBay with sky-high resale prices
- The Trump administration will stop granting asylum to domestic abuse victims
- Nadal takes 2nd set as French Open QF resumes
- Anthony Bourdain's daughter performs tribute show wearing dad's gift
- 1 killed, 2 injured in stabbing incident on Japan's Shinkansen bullet train
- Calum MacLeod hammers fastest ODI hundred for Scotland, shatters records
- Queen’s Birthday Honours 2018
- Apple Updates App Store Guidelines, Tightens Rules for Crypto-Related Apps
- Wendy's had a savage response to the IHOb name change
- Russia Has Lowest-Rated Team at 2018 World Cup