Hurricane Bud, now churning northwards around 380 km (235 miles) off the coast of western Mexico, intensified early Monday into a category 3, the National Hurricane Center (NHC) said. Bud was moving northwest at 11 kilometers per hour and was expected to remain offshore of the southwestern coast of mainland Mexico, the NHR said. "Significantly cooler waters around the southern tip of Baja California should reduce Bud's intensity below hurricane status before it reaches that land", the center said.
The U.S. National Hurricane Center says Bud has maximum sustained winds of 115 miles per hour (185 kph).
Torrential downpours could cause "life-threatening" flash floods, mudslides and waves along coastal areas in Mexico, the NHC said.More news: Biggest announcements from EA at E3 ft. Federation Internationale de Football Association 19, Anthem and more
"Bud is now a category 3 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale".
Some additional strengthening is possible today but a slow weakening should begin tomorrow.
A tropical storm watch is in effect from Manzanillo to Cabo Correintes.More news: North Atlantic Treaty Organisation in crisis as Donald Trump lashes out at key allies
Hurricane Bud is the sequel to last week's Hurricane Aletta, which was eventually downgraded to a tropical storm.
In terms of rainfall, Bud is predicted to drench southwestern Mexico with three to six inches, with some areas seeing as much as 10 inches.
The Weather Channel reported that the hurricane could prompt a "surge of moisture" in the southwest United States, which would lead to an increase in rain showers and storms. It was about 600 miles (965 kilometres) southwest of the southern tip of Baja California.More news: Wendy's had a savage response to the IHOb name change
- Canada Responds After White House Says Trudeau 'Stabbed Us In The Back'
- Trump predicts 'terrific relationship' with Kim Jong Un as historic summit begins
- Burger joints start social "beef" with "IHOB"
- Detroit Pistons Name Dwane Casey as Head Coach
- Lava from Hawaii's Kilauea volcano creates new coastline
- Star Fox is back in 'Starlink: Battle for Atlas'
- Queen’s Birthday Honours 2018
- Trump tweets that his top economic advisor suffered heart attack
- Russia Has Lowest-Rated Team at 2018 World Cup
- Apple Updates App Store Guidelines, Tightens Rules for Crypto-Related Apps