Fans who were traumatized by the realistic gunshot sound effects at the festival in Manchester, Tennessee, immediately flocked to Twitter to voice their concern and horrified reactions.
However, other fans defended Eminem and pointed out that he had used gunshot sound effects throughout his career - including a performance at the Governor's Ball Music Festival in New York City last week.
Las Vegas shooting documents reveal new details about victims and witnesses
As the shot rings out, you can hear screams, while whoever is holding the camera quickly ducks down.
Concert-goers at the Bonnaroo music festival panicked when gunfire FX was used at the close of one of Eminem's songs.More news: Twitter reacts to news of Anthony Bourdain’s death
One woman tweeted that she suffers from mild PTSD and called the use of sound effects "irresponsible and distasteful".
At the end, one loud bang can clearly be heard in footage uploaded by a fan at the concert. "I have grown up loving Eminem and his music but I was extremely triggered to the point of tears", reports Billboard. Eminem has yet to comment publicly on the issue. "This is not amusing or even something to be joked about".More news: Robert DeNiro Says 'F**k Trump' Twice At Tony Awards
Eminem doesn't use gunshot sound effects during his live show, his spokesman said, after the rapper came under fire for a series of blast sounds that were mistaken by several festival attendees as gunshots. "Would have been good to have a warning before show".
Supporters of Eminem back this claim and those in attendance during the performance Saturday night say they did not feel threatened at all by the concussion sounds. Following the mass shooting at Las Vegas' Route 91 Harvest Festival previous year, Eminem's controversial artistic decision has been branded "EXTREMELY irresponsible and distasteful" by one attendee.More news: Merkel Allies Call for Unity After Trump's G-7 'Affront'
Eminem uses loud gunshots in the show and people are not chill about it. Want him to go.
- Facebook Shared User Data With Select Companies
- The End of Net Neutrality is Here
- Trump's Russia Idea Has Few Fans Across U.S. Political Spectrum
- Air Force officer missing for 35 years found living in California
- The Trump-Kim Summit: What You Need to Know
- Patrick Vieira named new Nice manager after leaving New York City FC
- Platinum Games is making Babylon’s Fall for Square Enix
- Neal Boyd (1975 - 2018), "America's Got Talent" winner…
- Donald Trump 'optimistic' ahead of one-on-one talks with Kim Jong
- Kanye West Could Not Stop Smiling on 'Celebrity Family Feud'