The hyped presentation did have plenty to share on a new Tomb Raider title, to which they devoted about seven minutes of their half-hour presser. A Square Enix representative told IGN that the planned Nintendo Switch version for the West will not ship this year, and it may ship "much later".
The video talks us through the new additions to Just Cause 4, the most prominent of these being the extreme weather system.More news: Air Force officer missing for 35 years found living in California
So what did we get instead? The title is Babylon's Fall, and you can see a brief teaser below.
Outside of that, there was a sneak peek at a new title called The Quiet Man, which at first glance seems to be a title devoted to a deaf man punching Hispanic dudes in alleys throughout NY. Square are promising "more to come" in August which suggests we'll have to keep guessing until then. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, a new game in the Life is unusual universe, and the Xbox version of Nier: Automata were also announced yesterday, stripping today's presentations of any real excitement.More news: U.S. Supreme Court allows OH and other state voter purges
In terms of other games Kingdom Hearts III was exactly the same trailer as shown at Microsoft's media briefing yesterday, but it did reconfirm the release date as January 29.
What was Just Cause 4 doing here?More news: The End of Net Neutrality is Here
In celebration of this new game, the Dragon Quest franchise will also be crossing over with Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius. Nobody was forcing them to host a press conference, but when you hold one, people naturally have expectations.
- Platinum Games is making Babylon’s Fall for Square Enix
- Dennis Rodman arrives in Singapore ahead of Trump-Kim summit
- The Trump-Kim Summit: What You Need to Know
- Kanye West Could Not Stop Smiling on 'Celebrity Family Feud'
- Twitter reacts to news of Anthony Bourdain’s death
- Trump SLAMS Canada’s Trudeau Over G7 Comments — ARCTIC BLAST
- Winnie Harlow flag gaffe ends Canadian GP two laps early
- Merkel Allies Call for Unity After Trump's G-7 'Affront'
- New Assassin's Creed: Odyssey screenshots leaked
- Neal Boyd (1975 - 2018), "America's Got Talent" winner…