Calum Macleod hit an unbeaten century to guide Scotland to a six-run victory over England in the one-off ODI.
David Willey bowled his full ten overs for the first time in ODI cricket for almost two years despite Cricviz data showing he has swung the ball less on only two previous occasions in his England career.
MacLeod, who has scored 2,342 runs in 85 games for Scotland, has previously played for Warwickshire and Durham.More news: 1 killed, 2 injured in stabbing incident on Japan's Shinkansen bullet train
This was Scotland's first match since March, when they narrowly missed out on qualification for the 2019 World Cup in England and Wales. We didn't do enough to win. It does not take away what happened in Zimbabwe and everyone's feelings about the ten-team World Cup but this was a special day'. That is the bigger shop window rather than personal side of it.
Both matches will take place at the Grange Cricket Club, where Scotland registered their highest ODI score and also the highest ODI score by an associate nation in their one-off ODI against England on Sunday.
"If ICC and other worldwide teams look at this game they will see we are not an add on".
While England were suffering a surprise ODI defeat to Scotland in Edinburgh, or "Henning Berg" - former Manchester United and Blackburn Rovers defender - according to Bumble's mispronunciation, attention turned to the upcoming Australia series and the hosts' preparation for the World Cup in a year's time.More news: Apple Updates App Store Guidelines, Tightens Rules for Crypto-Related Apps
"We didn't play anywhere near to our best", said skipper Eoin Morgan.
"The level of expectation has been high around the team for a while, it doesn't get higher than being number one in the world", said Morgan, whose side now face a five-match one-day series against Australia starting on Wednesday.
"Everyone just wants to listen to them talk and we can't get enough of them".More news: "Fair trade now fool trade", Trump vents anger on North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies, Trudeau
- Burger joints start social "beef" with "IHOB"
- Square Enix E3 2018
- E3 2018: Just Cause 4 Gameplay Trailer Introduces Extreme Weather, More
- Wendy's had a savage response to the IHOb name change
- Kim Jong Un goes for surprise nighttime walk ahead of summit
- Elon Musk’s flamethrowers hit eBay with sky-high resale prices
- Missing Air Force officer found 35 years later
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation in crisis as Donald Trump lashes out at key allies
- Star Fox is back in 'Starlink: Battle for Atlas'
- Trump tweeting about G-7 before Kim meeting