Just as many speculated on social media about the name change, Twitter has been quick to react to the great reveal. The company encouraged customers to guess what the "b" would stand for, but not many were guessing burgers.
"IHOP changed their name to IHOB for BURGERS, Nobody asked for this", one user wrote.More news: Platinum Games is making Babylon’s Fall for Square Enix
"Dear Internet, we abbreciate your batience", the company said on Monday. "For burgers." The new Twitter says. "I can't understand who thought the breakfast game wasn't working out and that the solution was to become a burger joint".
Although people had been predicting the change for days.More news: Net Neutrality Repeal Ends Chances of Regulations
IHOP first teased a name adjustment last week before finally revealing it Monday.
The change seems to be part of a plan to capture business in the day and early evening, outside of IHOP's traditional strength in the morning hours. The name change, though, is meant to help the franchise connect with more people.
The video revealed several varieties of burgers.More news: Jaguar Land Rover moves Discovery production to Slovakia
"Obviously, IHOP-hob wanted to be known for something other than breakfast or the place you pull off the highway to go to the bathroom", he said.
- EU agreed time not right for G7 to readmit Russia: Merkel
- The Trump-Kim Summit: What You Need to Know
- Queen’s Birthday Honours 2018
- Anthony Bourdain's daughter performs tribute show wearing dad's gift
- Star Fox is back in 'Starlink: Battle for Atlas'
- Russia Has Lowest-Rated Team at 2018 World Cup
- The Trump administration will stop granting asylum to domestic abuse victims
- "Fair trade now fool trade", Trump vents anger on North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies, Trudeau
- New Assassin's Creed: Odyssey screenshots leaked
- Elon Musk’s flamethrowers hit eBay with sky-high resale prices