Just as many speculated on social media about the name change, Twitter has been quick to react to the great reveal. The company encouraged customers to guess what the "b" would stand for, but not many were guessing burgers.
"IHOP changed their name to IHOB for BURGERS, Nobody asked for this", one user wrote.More news: Robert De Niro at the 2018 Tony Awards: 'F--k Trump'
"Dear Internet, we abbreciate your batience", the company said on Monday. "For burgers." The new Twitter says. "I can't understand who thought the breakfast game wasn't working out and that the solution was to become a burger joint".
Although people had been predicting the change for days.More news: Dennis Rodman arrives in Singapore ahead of Trump-Kim summit
IHOP first teased a name adjustment last week before finally revealing it Monday.
The change seems to be part of a plan to capture business in the day and early evening, outside of IHOP's traditional strength in the morning hours. The name change, though, is meant to help the franchise connect with more people.
The video revealed several varieties of burgers.More news: Platinum Games is making Babylon’s Fall for Square Enix
"Obviously, IHOP-hob wanted to be known for something other than breakfast or the place you pull off the highway to go to the bathroom", he said.
- Queen’s Birthday Honours 2018
- Russia Has Lowest-Rated Team at 2018 World Cup
- Kylie Jenner Deletes All Pictures Of Stormi Webster From Instagram
- EU agreed time not right for G7 to readmit Russia: Merkel
- Kanye West Could Not Stop Smiling on 'Celebrity Family Feud'
- Trump SLAMS Canada’s Trudeau Over G7 Comments — ARCTIC BLAST
- "Fair trade now fool trade", Trump vents anger on North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies, Trudeau
- Anthony Bourdain's daughter performs tribute show wearing dad's gift
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation in crisis as Donald Trump lashes out at key allies
- Neal Boyd (1975 - 2018), "America's Got Talent" winner…