Just as many speculated on social media about the name change, Twitter has been quick to react to the great reveal. The company encouraged customers to guess what the "b" would stand for, but not many were guessing burgers.
"IHOP changed their name to IHOB for BURGERS, Nobody asked for this", one user wrote.More news: U.S. Supreme Court allows OH and other state voter purges
"Dear Internet, we abbreciate your batience", the company said on Monday. "For burgers." The new Twitter says. "I can't understand who thought the breakfast game wasn't working out and that the solution was to become a burger joint".
Although people had been predicting the change for days.More news: New Assassin's Creed: Odyssey screenshots leaked
IHOP first teased a name adjustment last week before finally revealing it Monday.
The change seems to be part of a plan to capture business in the day and early evening, outside of IHOP's traditional strength in the morning hours. The name change, though, is meant to help the franchise connect with more people.
The video revealed several varieties of burgers.More news: Queen’s Birthday Honours 2018
"Obviously, IHOP-hob wanted to be known for something other than breakfast or the place you pull off the highway to go to the bathroom", he said.
- Jaguar Land Rover moves Discovery production to Slovakia
- Fans scream as Eminem uses gunshot sounds during Bonnaroo gig
- Trump tweeting about G-7 before Kim meeting
- Elon Musk’s flamethrowers hit eBay with sky-high resale prices
- Kanye West Could Not Stop Smiling on 'Celebrity Family Feud'
- Trump says Larry Kudlow suffers a heart attack
- "Fair trade now fool trade", Trump vents anger on North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies, Trudeau
- EU agreed time not right for G7 to readmit Russia: Merkel
- Robert De Niro at the 2018 Tony Awards: 'F--k Trump'
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation in crisis as Donald Trump lashes out at key allies