Just as many speculated on social media about the name change, Twitter has been quick to react to the great reveal. The company encouraged customers to guess what the "b" would stand for, but not many were guessing burgers.
"IHOP changed their name to IHOB for BURGERS, Nobody asked for this", one user wrote.More news: Dennis Rodman arrives in Singapore ahead of Trump-Kim summit
"Dear Internet, we abbreciate your batience", the company said on Monday. "For burgers." The new Twitter says. "I can't understand who thought the breakfast game wasn't working out and that the solution was to become a burger joint".
Although people had been predicting the change for days.More news: Robert De Niro at the 2018 Tony Awards: 'F--k Trump'
IHOP first teased a name adjustment last week before finally revealing it Monday.
The change seems to be part of a plan to capture business in the day and early evening, outside of IHOP's traditional strength in the morning hours. The name change, though, is meant to help the franchise connect with more people.
The video revealed several varieties of burgers.More news: Russia Has Lowest-Rated Team at 2018 World Cup
"Obviously, IHOP-hob wanted to be known for something other than breakfast or the place you pull off the highway to go to the bathroom", he said.
- Kylie Jenner Deletes All Pictures Of Stormi Webster From Instagram
- The Trump-Kim Summit: What You Need to Know
- Fans scream as Eminem uses gunshot sounds during Bonnaroo gig
- Patrick Vieira named new Nice manager after leaving New York City FC
- Neal Boyd (1975 - 2018), "America's Got Talent" winner…
- The Trump administration will stop granting asylum to domestic abuse victims
- "Fair trade now fool trade", Trump vents anger on North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies, Trudeau
- Anthony Bourdain's daughter performs tribute show wearing dad's gift
- U.S. Supreme Court allows OH and other state voter purges
- Net Neutrality Repeal Ends Chances of Regulations