There were no air conditioning vents in the back of the vehicle and the children told police they became hot. It was 95 degrees outside.
They said she admitted to driving from Whitehaven to Collierville with her two grandchildren who sat in kennels in the back of her truck, reports CBS affiliate WREG-TV of Memphis.More news: Dialogue with Trump could be 'constructive': Putin
Cheeks is being charged with child endangerment, while police and Child Services continue their investigations. "For them to be in the hot auto like that in cages is sad", neighbor Nikita Blake said.
In the video, a child is seen climbing out of the trunk of the vehicle from the kennel. She's such a nice lady, " neighbor Skylark Blake said.
A concerned citizen shot the video and forwarded it to the police. I only met her like once maybe twice.More news: Trump, Lee to hold bilateral meetings, working lunch today
Neighbors of Leimome Cheeks expressed shock, saying she was a 'very nice woman'. Something is going on with her. "It's a huge mistake, get some help yeah but put her in jail, it's hard to say", Skylarr Blake said.
She also drove to downtown Memphis, telling police she made stops to check on them periodically.
Strangely enough, there is little information available on the relations between Cheeks and the children, aged 7 and 8-years-old. Their grandmother is scheduled to be in court Monday morning at 9 a.m.More news: Trump admin: We won't defend Obamacare
- Google Pixel 3 Likely to Feature Wireless Charging
- E3 2018: Doom Eternal Announced with Hellishly Good Teaser
- Italy and Malta refuse to dock migrant ship carrying 629 people
- DLC, New Game Plus Coming to Arkane Studios’ ‘Prey’
- Germany, France blast Trump over Group of Seven U-turn
- Pep Guardiola speaks out on Yaya Toure racism claims
- Devil May Cry 5 Announced
- Hamilton: ‘F1 is going in the wrong direction’
- EU Will Act Against US Tariffs On Steel, Aluminum: Merkel
- Escalating Clash With Canada, Trump Is Isolated Before North Korea Meeting