They also announced they had formed an entirely new studio called The Initiative based in Santa Monica.More news: Marko Arnautovic dismisses Manchester United speculation
According to The Initiative Studio Head Darrell Gallagher, the new studio has "been given the freedom to explore, try new things and operate like an independent studio, with the backing from one of the biggest companies in the world to do something bold and different".
Undead Labs has been taken over by Microsoft as well, following the recent success of State of Decay 2.More news: Congo Ebola outbreak: WHO records 62 cases, 27 deaths
Microsoft has been criticized in the past for not having enough exclusives. The studio is now building a team of "world class talent" to develop "groundbreaking new game experiences". Microsoft commenced its E3 panel this year with the announcement of Forza Horizon 4.
Mixer fans will also get some love with Forza Horizon 4, with integrated broadcasting and spectating features built into the game. Especially so since most recently, Ninja Theory made Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, which went on to win numerous awards in 2017 and garner high praise from gamers and critics alike.More news: White House adviser says Canada's Justin Trudeau 'stabbed us in the back'
Lastly, Compulsion Games, which will release We Happy Few in August of this year, joins Microsoft as the fifth game studio to round out the list.
- Rafael Nadal secures 11th French Open title
- Queen Elizabeth underwent cataract surgery, Buckingham Palace reveals
- Vince Vaughn Arrested For DUI
- Rafael Nadal Wins The French Open 2018
- Fallout 76 is four times bigger than Fallout 4
- White House adviser says Canada's Trudeau 'stabbed us in the back'
- Nylon Calculus: Kevin Durant makes the impossible look easy
- IHOP to IHOB name change ‘dumbest’ move ever, brand experts warn
- Democratic congressman to Trudeau: Stop 'feuding' with Trump over trade
- Nadal - The King of Clay- Wins 11th French Open Title