They also announced they had formed an entirely new studio called The Initiative based in Santa Monica.More news: Trump eyes pardon for late boxing hero Muhammad Ali
According to The Initiative Studio Head Darrell Gallagher, the new studio has "been given the freedom to explore, try new things and operate like an independent studio, with the backing from one of the biggest companies in the world to do something bold and different".
Undead Labs has been taken over by Microsoft as well, following the recent success of State of Decay 2.More news: Alaphilippe wins Criterium Stage 4, Moscon claims lead | AP sports
Microsoft has been criticized in the past for not having enough exclusives. The studio is now building a team of "world class talent" to develop "groundbreaking new game experiences". Microsoft commenced its E3 panel this year with the announcement of Forza Horizon 4.
Mixer fans will also get some love with Forza Horizon 4, with integrated broadcasting and spectating features built into the game. Especially so since most recently, Ninja Theory made Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, which went on to win numerous awards in 2017 and garner high praise from gamers and critics alike.More news: Chinas export growth steady in May
Lastly, Compulsion Games, which will release We Happy Few in August of this year, joins Microsoft as the fifth game studio to round out the list.
- Congo Ebola outbreak: WHO records 62 cases, 27 deaths
- At least 20 killed in Baghdad EXPLOSION hours after election recount ordered
- Democratic congressman to Trudeau: Stop 'feuding' with Trump over trade
- Marko Arnautovic dismisses Manchester United speculation
- Rafael Nadal Wins The French Open 2018
- Fallout 76 is four times bigger than Fallout 4
- White House adviser says Canada's Justin Trudeau 'stabbed us in the back'
- Series of "Stranger Things" books coming from Netflix, Penguin Random House
- Rafael Nadal beats Dominic Thiem for 11th French Open title
- Caps, yes; Warriors, Cavs, no