"I like the numbers and I always play with those numbers", he told The Associated Press, referring to his job as an accountant.
When Earl checked the tickets from the May 2 drawing at a Lottery retailer, he "saw a lot of zeros!" When the clerk scanned the ticket, she said, "Oh, my God!" "I think your machine isn't working".
This marks the second major lottery win in New Jersey this year. "I like the number", he said before buying the tickets.
$150000 Powerball ticket sold in Minot
Souami, who is originally from Africa, is an accountant for a food importing company and wanted to make sure the more than 200 people he works with would be OK, he said.
The winning numbers for the drawing were: 03, 06, 09, 17, and 56, while the Powerball was 25 and the Multiplier number was 3. His odds on winning were one in 292.2 million.
Souami, a 53-year-old father of two added he plans to pay off his college loans, pay for his daughter to go to college next year and pay off his home.More news: Nadal - The King of Clay- Wins 11th French Open Title
It wasn't known Thursday if the victor had made a decision to claim the lump sum or take their winnings over time.
"When he told me we won, I had to see for myself", said Joe.
A New Jersey man came forward as the victor of the $315.3 million Powerball jackpot.More news: Vettel replaces Hamilton atop standings with Canada triumph
Tuesday's Mega Millions jackpot will be worth $144 million ($85 million cash).More news: Caps, yes; Warriors, Cavs, no
- Man detained after NYC pizza delivery granted emergency stay
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus pips iPhone X to become best-selling smartphone
- 'Judy Moody' Actor Jackson Odell Dead at 20
- Democratic congressman to Trudeau: Stop 'feuding' with Trump over trade
- Chinas export growth steady in May
- Royal Wedding: What Prince Harry whispered to Meghan REVEALED
- Microsoft announces Halo Infinite at E3 2018
- Xbox Hardware Team Working On Next Consoles
- Kudlow Blames Trudeau for ‘Betrayal’ Before North Korea Talks
- Nylon Calculus: Kevin Durant makes the impossible look easy