At the top, it has headphone jack and infrared sensor. For security, the Y2 features a rear mounted fingerprint scanner along with AI Face unlock. There's a slight bulge around the edges to keep display safe but the display lacks any protection.
Finally, we have a 3,080mAh battery under the hood, which we expect to last a full day on normal use, thanks to HD+ display and power efficient Snapdragon 625 chipset.More news: All systems go for historic Trump-Kim summit, Singapore says
In my limited time with the device, the display seemed quite bright under direct sunlight. It runs on MIUI 9.5 based on Android Oreo, making it the first device to run on this Oreo operating system out-of-the-box. The infrared sensor will also be used for the Animated Emoji feature, which maps your face muscles onto animated emojis to give a real-time effect.
On the specifications front, the Redmi Y2 is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 SoC clocked at 2GHz with Adreno 506 GPU. The phone with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage will cost Rs. 9,999 and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version will cost Rs. 12,999. There's a microSD card slot for further expansion of storage.More news: No expectation within Heat organization that LeBron James will return
The rear side features dual camera sensors consisting of 13MP and 5MP sensors with support for Bokeh mode, while the front camera offers an 8MP sensor. The primary camera has received an upgrade, and the larger 1.25um pixel size lets in more light, leading to better photos in daylight conditions. I tested the camera and end result was impressive.
The portrait mode is available for both the front and rear cameras on this device.More news: EA Announces Release Date for Anthem
A few features are unchanged from a year ago: there's still a 3080mAh battery, MicroUSB charging, and fast charging is limited to 5V/2A. The Xiaomi Redmi S2 is released again and now has a slightly bigger price tag. This means the Redmi Y2 camera will not miss out on details. The phone will also be sold via company's Mi Home stores. The Note 5, on the other hand, comes with a 4000mAh pack which should perform better. Instead, they run along the top and bottom edges of the phone, giving it a cleaner look at the back.
- Ricciardo: Mercedes will be hard to beat
- Donald Trump Withdraws Endorsement Of G7 Joint Statement
- CALLING THEIR BLUFF: Trump Asks NFL Players to ‘Recommend People’ for Pardons
- UFC 225: Michelle Waterson Talks 'Great Villain' Colby Covington
- Justin Trudeau: We won't be pushed around by Trump
- BioWare Opens Up On Anthem’s Single-Player Story
- Medicare to be exhausted by 2026, three years earlier than expected
- KFC to Test Vegetarian Alternative to Chicken in UK
- Mayweather Tops Highest Paid Athletes List, No Women In Top 100
- Deal's OFF!! Nabil Fekir to stay put as Lyon make public declaration