Last year, the Warriors took their time to make an official team decision on whether they'd visit the White House after winning the National Basketball Association title.
Just this week, the president abruptly uninvited the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles from visiting the White House, in part because they planned to bring a "smaller delegation" rather than their full team.
After the majority of Philadelphia Eagles refused to visit The White House, Donald Trump disinvited the entire team. And he was pretty sure that the Warriors were on the same page. I know no matter who wins this series, no one wants the invite anyway.More news: Israeli army kills Palestinian in West Bank during raid
In any case, LaVar has his own reasons for declining a hypothetical invitation to the White House, beyond any larger social issues that are at play in Golden State's case.
"Let's not let someone uninviting you from their house take away from their championship", James said later, Sports Illustrated reported. Many members of the U.S. Olympic Team that competed earlier this year in South Korea did not attend a White House reception. That's true of Steph Curry too.
When told about James' comment, Curry agreed with his opponent's sentiment. "At the end of the day, every team has an opportunity to make for themselves and speak for themselves - and that's powerful being in that situation". There I said it. "Pretty sure the way we handled things previous year, [we'll] kind of stay consistent with that".More news: Fury comebacks ends in facile fourth round victory
Essentially, the team just ignored Trump. Afterward, Trump wasn't happy with the Warriors and went full petty on a Twitter rant that led to the Warriors being no longer invited to the White House. "But we have other teams that are coming". We're not going to invite either team,"Trump said to reporters".
"If you model a future where everybody else reduces their trade barriers to ours, then that's massively good for the global economy and massively good for the USA economy", Hassett told reporters. We had Clemson, national champion. "Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!" I am going to ask all of those people to recommend to me-because that's what they're protesting-people that they think were unfairly treated by the justice system...
Trump said Friday that the Washington Capitals, who clinched the Stanley Cup on Thursday night, are likely to be invited. The good news is, the feeling is mutual.More news: How to Customize What Gmail’s Swipe Gestures Do
- #WorldOceansDay: Mediterranean could become a 'sea of plastic'
- We have a release date for Days Gone
- UK top court says it can't demand #abortion law change in #NorthernIreland
- This new blood test can predict due date and premature birth
- Andy Warhol Paintings Sold in Cryptocurrency, Auctioned Via Blockchain
- Adult film workers slam Giuliani for Stormy Daniels comment
- Iraq Launches Air Strike Against ISIS In Syria
- Former Obama Adviser Suggests Trump Is Russia's 'Chief Advocate' and Defender
- Jennifer Lawrence Links Arms With New Beau Cooke Maroney During NYC Outing
- Trump's Midterm Gift To Dems: A War On Pre-Existing Condition Protections