'Shut the lights off, say no more.
Ms Cohen told The Boston Globe on Thursday the poster hit home when she saw it taped to the classroom blackboard.
Cohen snapped a photograph of the sign, which included cartoons to go along with the sing-song directions, and posted it to Twitter. Now it's time to have some fun!'
A mother visiting the Somerville school posted an image of the poster Wednesday to Twitter. The couple have a 5-year-old daughter.More news: Priyanka Chopra Apologizes for Recent Quantico Episode Featuring Indian Terrorists
The school has been identified as Sommerville's Arthur D. Healey School, the Post said.
"As much as we would prefer that school lockdowns not be a part of the educational experience, unfortunately this is the world we live in", the statement reads.
They agreed with Cohen's initial assessment of the circumstances, calling the need for lockdowns "jarring" for students, educators, and families. "Students in Somerville and across the country know how unnatural this is". Many said it's disturbing that children so young have to be prepared for a shooting. This year alone, there have been almost 20 shootings.More news: ME senators caution Trump on self-pardon
Most recently, 10 people were killed at Santa Fe High School in Santa Fe, Texas when a fellow student opened fire. That same day President Trump's Education Secretary Betsy DeVos said the Federal Commission on School Safety won't being looking into the role of guns in school shootings.
The "Lockdown" poster in Somerville has drawn mixed reactions.
The photo of the classroom poster, which Cohen later tweeted, drew the attention of other users who expressed similar sentiments of disgust surrounding the themes of the song and its cutesy treatment.
"Until something more concrete is done to keep school shootings and such from happening, teachers have to do what they need to do to help keep their kids (and themselves) safe", wrote one woman.More news: All systems go for historic Trump-Kim summit, Singapore says
- Mayweather Tops Highest Paid Athletes List, No Women In Top 100
- Gavin Patterson is out as BT CEO
- Avalanche Studios Announces Open-World Action Game Generation Zero
- North Korea razes missile test site, monitoring group 38 North says
- Ricciardo: Mercedes will be hard to beat
- Trump plows into G-7 summit, facing foreign critics
- Deal's OFF!! Nabil Fekir to stay put as Lyon make public declaration
- Kanye West And Kid Cudi Release New Album ‘Kids See Ghosts’
- Command & Conquer: Rivals takes the strategy series to mobile
- Former Obama Adviser Suggests Trump Is Russia's 'Chief Advocate' and Defender