Kashmir has been a source of historical tension between the nuclear-armed neighbors who have fought 2 wars over it.
Following the outrage, ABC issued an apology defending the Alex Parrish actress. "I sincerely apologise. I'm a proud Indian and that will never change". In a tweet, Priyanka said that she is a "proud Indian" and it was never her intention to hurt anyone's sentiments.
Priyanka Chopra apologised for a recent episode in "Quantico", following online backlash for the "Indian nationalists" terror plot line in her show.More news: Theresa May battling to keep Brexit plans on course
While Priyanka got severally trolled on Twitter for being privy to such an abysmal portrayal of her own countrymen, the showrunners too had to go on a damage control mode. However, the ABC's apology has prompted some Muslim writers to ask the famous U.S. studios to extend similar apologies to Muslims for their negative portrayals in their TV series in the past. It was not our intention to offend anyone'.
"Sell outs like her are an insult to India".
The government "should cancel @priyankachopra passport & should not allow her to enter our nation. Traitor", Sumit Kadel, a film critic, said on the micro-blogging site.
Pee Cee was lauded with praises from India when she first got to entertain in the Western Industry.More news: Oil Falls on US Crude Build; Global Supply Rises
But recently she was criticized by Hindu hardliners for visiting Rohingya Muslims and ignoring persecuted Hindus during her visit to Bangladesh as a UNICEF goodwill ambassador.
Chopra, the face of the show - and a high-profile figure who has made the rare, successful crossover from Indian cinema to Hollywood - was targeted for not doing more after seeing the script.
Movies and popular culture have been under attack from Hindu nationalists in India in the recent years.More news: Deal's OFF!! Nabil Fekir to stay put as Lyon make public declaration
- Eunice Gayson, the first Bond Girl, has died aged 90
- Medicare to be exhausted by 2026, three years earlier than expected
- Taliban agrees to unprecedented Eid ceasefire with Afghan forces
- Donald Trump Withdraws Endorsement Of G7 Joint Statement
- UFC 225: Michelle Waterson Talks 'Great Villain' Colby Covington
- CALLING THEIR BLUFF: Trump Asks NFL Players to ‘Recommend People’ for Pardons
- UN slaps sanctions on six human traffickers in Libya
- Justin Trudeau: We won't be pushed around by Trump
- BioWare Opens Up On Anthem’s Single-Player Story
- MIT Creates World's First Psychopath AI, Fed With Gruesome Reddit Content