IHOP didn't actually say what the B in "IHOB" will stand for.
On Wednesday's episode of "The Opposition", Jordan Klepper was certain that the impending International House of Pancakes restaurant chain name-change masks a bad threat - and he brought in nearly his entire team to figure out what it is.
The tweet says,"For 60 pancakin' years, we've been IHOP".More news: White House adviser says Canada's Justin Trudeau 'stabbed us in the back'
What would the "b" stand for? Now, we're flippin' our name to IHOb.
For now, the IHOP name remains on the chain's 1,671 restaurants across the country, including local outlets in Brainerd, Hixson, Fort Oglethorpe, Cleveland and Dalton, Georgia. Its curious customers would have to wait until June 11 to find out. Many suggested that "b" could stand for "breakfast" (makes sense) but a pole conducted by the pancake joint revealed that 41% of consumers think that it could be "b" for "bacon".
In another tweet, one social media user posted a brief video clip of some new exterior signage, that clearly reads "IHOB" as opposed to the "IHOP" everyone has come to know and love.More news: Alaphilippe wins Criterium Stage 4, Moscon claims lead | AP sports
Take a look at Twitter reactions for IHOP changing its name to IHob in the slideshow above.
After 60 years of being "IHOP", The International House of Pancakes announced its name change on Twitter.
"Right now, we're keeping mum on the extent of the name change, but I can tell you that it's tied to news we'll be making on Monday and reflects how serious we are about a new launch for the brand", Peterson said.More news: Trump's top economic adviser accuses Trudeau of back-stabbing after G7 summit
- Rafael Nadal Wins The French Open 2018
- Trump will not invite Warriors, Cavs to White House
- Vince Vaughn Arrested For DUI
- NASA releases Curiosity rover findings
- Russian Airstrike Kills Dozens in Rebel-Held Village in Syria, Monitors Say
- #WorldOceansDay: Mediterranean could become a 'sea of plastic'
- Bartenders at local restaurant to donate tips in honor of Anthony Bourdain
- UK top court says it can't demand #abortion law change in #NorthernIreland
- White House adviser says Canada's Trudeau 'stabbed us in the back'
- Rafael Nadal secures 11th French Open title