A win would see the Caps claim the Stanley Cup for the first time. In their path, will be a Vegas team who is 7-2 at home this postseason.
After a scoreless first period, the teams combined for five goals in the second period.
If the Caps lose and the series gets extended, Game Six at Capital One Arena will be the most expensive game to get into in National Hockey League history. Carrier hadn't played since Game 5 of the second round against San Jose, missing 10 straight games. Perron played in the Final's first three games before sitting out Game 4.
It didn't last, with Alex Ovechkin netting another one for the Capitals not even a minute later. Fleury stopped it, but the puck fell to the ice underneath him and Eller fought off Luca Sbisa and slapped the puck into the net for the game victor. The goal stood after a coach's challenge, a move Washington had to try because Braden Holtby was trying to make a save while two players were wrestling in the crease. At The Disco pregame concert, the Golden Knights are a slight favorite in Game 5.
- Their defense has been bad this series, allowing three or more goals in each of the first four games.More news: Newsom and Trump wanted Cox-and got their wishes
As dumb as that sounds, if the breaks go the other way Thursday night, the Capitals might have to wait at least one more game. He gave up six goals in the last four games in the series vs the Jets.
The defeat ends the incredible inaugural season of the Golden Knights, who became the NHL's 31st franchise last fall and immediately launched into arguably the greatest debut in modern pro sports history.
Shea Theodore - Theodore has been one of the best defenders for Vegas throughout the year and in the playoffs...up until this point.
The Capitals went to the power play later in the period, but Fleury was there to stone Ovechkin on a one-timer before Smith Pelly evened things.
- I've said it before, I generally always take the home team, so no changing that trend now.More news: Supposed anti-Israel Messi quote debunked as fake
The Golden Knights didn't get to celebrate very long because there was a lot of pushing, shoving and face-washing behind the net right after the go-ahead goal. They certainly looked like that in Game 4, closing the door quickly and rendering about 40 minutes of the game meaningless.
That's why I'm really feeling taking Vegas in the first period. VGK has a +2 handicap.
"It's just every time you're in the back yard", Oshie said. They NEED to start off strongly or this game will be over quickly, and they'll be looking at handshakes tonight. "We worked hard tonight, we competed hard, just couldn't beat that team".
- Yes on this one for me.
If Vegas wins and avoids elimination, the Capitals will host Game 6 on Sunday.More news: ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Actor Alan O’Neill Found Dead at 47
- Marcus Rashford Scores An Absolute Beauty For England
- Fears Are Rising That Drug Resistant Gonorrhoea Will Spread Across UK
- Plastic bans can work, but need planning and enforcement
- Names of all passengers, crew of the ill-fated FlySax plane
- Stormy Daniels Sues Ex-Lawyer She Says Was ‘Puppet’ for Trump, Cohen
- NASA Exposes Curiosity Rover's Latest Findings From Mars
- Starlet signs new deal and joins Rangers on loan
- Alexander Nix rejects claims $8m left Cambridge Analytica before collapse
- Hazard sends message to Mohamed Salah
- Del Potro powers past Cilic to set up Rafa clash