The latest crewed launch (above) took place on Wednesday, June 6, transporting three astronauts - American Serena M. Aunon-Chancellor, German Alexander Gerst, and Russian Sergey Prokopyev - to the International Space Station (ISS).
The Soyuz rocket launched at 6:12 a.m. from a facility in Kazakhstan.
NASA TV will feature live streaming coverage of the docking process, as well as the hatch opening and welcoming process, beginning at 8:15 a.m. Friday.More news: Ryan Gosling, Donald Glover or Ezra Miller Could Be Willy Wonka
Once the astronauts connect with the space lab they will be greeted by astronauts Drew Feustel, Ricky Arnold and Oleg Artemyev. The three arriving astronauts will remain aboard until December.
Bridenstine, who became NASA administrator in April, said in a Washington Post interview that he has "talked to many large corporations that are interested in getting involved in [managing the ISS] through a consortium".
The ISS crew spent a staggering 168 days in orbit, circling the Earth 2,688 times and covering a distance of 71.2 million miles.More news: John Beilein returning to MI
The impressive orbital research station has been in continuous usage by various crews on rotation since November 2000.
The capsule has already made several trips to and from the space station, taking supplies and other cargo.
The astronaut-carrying version of the Dragon includes seven seats, a bank of monitors offering the crew real-time flight data, a climate-control system for added comfort, and plenty of windows so the space travelers can gaze in awe at the stunning scenery.More news: Facebook made some private posts public for up to 14 million users
Bridenstine also said his top two priorities were the resumption of human spaceflight from the USA -since 2011, American astronauts have relied on Russian transportation to get to the ISS-and going back to the Moon with the help of a new, nearby outpost that could ferry supplies there.
- Macron compares phone calls with Trump to sausages
- Italy's new government passes first confidence vote
- Shocking allegations about Wasim Akram, others in Reham Khan's new-book
- Grandmother gets pardon after Kardashian meets Trump
- First How To Train Your Dragon 3 Trailer Takes Flight
- Duterte will quit 'if enough women protest' against his kiss
- Jeep Renegade Facelift Revealed
- Liverpool eyeing move for Nigerian star Moses Simon
- Macron calls on G7 members to confront Trump’s trade policies
- Mesa police officers on leave after a videotaped incident