The latest crewed launch (above) took place on Wednesday, June 6, transporting three astronauts - American Serena M. Aunon-Chancellor, German Alexander Gerst, and Russian Sergey Prokopyev - to the International Space Station (ISS).
The Soyuz rocket launched at 6:12 a.m. from a facility in Kazakhstan.
NASA TV will feature live streaming coverage of the docking process, as well as the hatch opening and welcoming process, beginning at 8:15 a.m. Friday.More news: Reese Witherspoon Confirms "Legally Blonde 3" Is Happening
Once the astronauts connect with the space lab they will be greeted by astronauts Drew Feustel, Ricky Arnold and Oleg Artemyev. The three arriving astronauts will remain aboard until December.
Bridenstine, who became NASA administrator in April, said in a Washington Post interview that he has "talked to many large corporations that are interested in getting involved in [managing the ISS] through a consortium".
The ISS crew spent a staggering 168 days in orbit, circling the Earth 2,688 times and covering a distance of 71.2 million miles.More news: Robert Pires backs Unai Emery to complete Yacine Adli deal
The impressive orbital research station has been in continuous usage by various crews on rotation since November 2000.
The capsule has already made several trips to and from the space station, taking supplies and other cargo.
The astronaut-carrying version of the Dragon includes seven seats, a bank of monitors offering the crew real-time flight data, a climate-control system for added comfort, and plenty of windows so the space travelers can gaze in awe at the stunning scenery.More news: Is this how much Rajinikanth-starrer ‘Kaala’ has earned?
Bridenstine also said his top two priorities were the resumption of human spaceflight from the USA -since 2011, American astronauts have relied on Russian transportation to get to the ISS-and going back to the Moon with the help of a new, nearby outpost that could ferry supplies there.
- Macron compares phone calls with Trump to sausages
- NASA discovers organic matter on Mars
- Shocking allegations about Wasim Akram, others in Reham Khan's new-book
- Samsung Galaxy A9 Star and A9 Star Lite pricing revealed
- Thanks To Warriors' Game 3 Win, America Gets Free Tacos
- Grandmother gets pardon after Kardashian meets Trump
- Valve backs away from curation on Steam
- Medical examiner confirms how Kate Spade died
- Mesa police officers on leave after a videotaped incident
- Tesla Model X Accelerated Toward Barrier Before Fatal Crash