Israel is suspected to be behind the strike on the military base, but this has not been confirmed.
In a statement released Friday, the State Department said it was concerned about reports that Assad's forces were preparing for an operation near the Jordanian and Israeli borders.
Israel's military believes Hezbollah has between 100,000 and 120,000 short- and medium-range missiles and rockets, as well as several hundred long-range missiles, with the medium-range missiles capable of reaching Tel Aviv.
Albu Kamal and Hmeimeh lie in Syria's eastern Deir Ezzor province, where Russian-backed Syrian troops and the US -led coalition have been waging separate offensives against Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).More news: Nico Rosberg: 'Ferrari is Ricciardo's best choice for 2019!'
"One of our military airports was the target of missiles intercepted by our anti-aircraft defences", SANA said, citing a military source.
"First attacks of such kind if true since airstrikes on Assad in April though different context".
Warplanes from the US-led coalition targeted two Syrian army positions in the eastern Syrian desert, a military media unit run by Lebanon's Hezbollah group said early on Thursday, but United States military officials denied any knowledge of the strikes, Reuters reports.
Shortly after reports on the attack emerged, a Pentagon spokesman said the USA military has "no operational reporting" about any operation against the Syrian government.More news: Turkey's lira plunges to new low as Japanese investors sell
"Some local users said #Israel strikes", Joyce Karam, a reporter at The National, also tweeted.
Israel has reportedly carried out numerous air strikes in Syria in recent years to prevent the transfer of advanced Iranian weapons to Shi'ite Hezbollah, which is a proxy of the Tehran regime. The raids usually target bases belonging to Hizbullah and Iranian forces.
Daraa's location on the border of the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights makes any operation there highly sensitive.More news: Pakistan end day 2 at 350/8, lead England by 166
- Kilauea Lava Continues March to Ocean
- Doug Baldwin says President Trump is an 'idiot'
- Exit polls showing that Ireland votes to liberalize abortion laws
- Meghan Markle to get royal guidance from Samantha 'The Panther' Cohen
- 'Police firing in Thoothukudi was pre-planned murder', PIL filed in SC
- John Terry Wants Bizarre Clause Inserted Into His Next Aston Villa Contract
- Donald Trump says US North Korea summit ‘could’ happen on 12 June
- Trump increases economic isolation of Venezuela after Maduro reelection
- Ebola: Congo outbreak fears as patients ESCAPE quarantine in Mbandaka
- Self-Driving Uber SUV Fatal Crash