As for Grant the man, he was a general under President Lincoln during the Civil War and helped win critical battles against Confederate general Robert E. Lee.
It was previously announced that DiCaprio's Appian Way shingle had acquired Ron Chernow's biography, Grant, and would be developing the project with Lionsgate. Sources told Deadline that production companies Lionsgate and Appian Way, which acquired the film rights to Grant previous year, see the production of the movie as a priority.More news: US Birth Rate Hits 30-Year Low
The director is also now preparing to work on the fifth Indiana Jones movie. However, it is not known when he would fit filming into his schedule, as he already has a number of films on his plate. These two have a lot going on outside of Grant, but the picture in question is now being reported as a priority project thanks in part to Chernow's Pulitzer Prize-winning status and "Hamilton!" claim to fame, having written the biography that served as source material for Lin-Manuel Miranda's hit musical.
DiCaprio's next project is Quentin Tarantino's "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood," set against the backdrop of the 1969 Manson Family murders. He has also been attached to headline two Martin Scorsese films; a biopic about U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt and crime-drama Killers of the Flower Moon.
Steven Spielberg could be set to make a second biopic movie about a former United States president.More news: YouTube to launch a premium music service
Spielberg most recently directed "The Post" and "Ready Player One".
Grant, who became the 18th US president, retaining the position for two terms between 1869-1877 was most widely regarded for his military tactical prowess.More news: Epic Games release new mode with BIG V-Bucks rewards
- Haspel confirmed for Central Intelligence Agency
- Total CEO says oil price could hit US$100 'in coming months'
- Eagles World Cup Camp Opens Monday In Uyo
- Senate votes to save net neutrality rules
- Australian climbs Everest, becomes fastest to scale 'Seven Summits'
- Liverpool Fans Livid with Club's Plans For Champions League Trophy Parade
- Salman Khan resembles Vin Diesel in Race 3
- Charles Barkley Delivers Stern Warning to LeBron and Cavs About Celtics
- Italy threat to rip up Eurozone rules shakes European Union powerbrokers
- Liverpool invited to take part in new Club World Cup worth £100m