Several PML-N party members - reportedly including Sardar Ashiq Hussain Gopang, Abdul Rahman Kanju and Shafqat Baloch - expressed concern over Sharif's remarks.
"Much as I appreciate Nawaz campaigning for the PTI through his now-obvious love fest with Modi to save his corruption and business interests, I am alarmed that at the rate he is speaking Modi's language. the PTI may not be able to take in the massive exodus from the PML-N", Khan tweeted.
Former Prime Minister (PM) Nawaz Sharif along with daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Captain (r) Safdar were charged in Al-Azizia Steel Mills, Avenfield Properties and Flagship Investment Limited reference cases in September a year ago by NAB following the Panama Papers verdict.More news: Eagles World Cup Camp Opens Monday In Uyo
"Nawaz Sharif is the modern-day Mir Jafar, who collaborated with the British to enslave his nation for personal gains".
Earlier, Nawaz, in an interview to a local newspaper published on May 12, had said, "Militant organisations are active".
Accountability court on Friday will be recording statement of former Prime Minister (PM) Nawaz Sharif along with daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Captain (r) Safdar in Avenfield properties reference case. "Why can't we complete the trial?" - a reference to the Mumbai attacks-related trials which have stalled in a Rawalpindi anti-terrorism court.More news: US Birth Rate Hits 30-Year Low
Shahbaz did defend his sibling, saying: "No one is more patriotic than Nawaz Sharif".
The National Security Committee, Pakistan's top civil-military body, held a special meeting on Monday and came out with a statement, condemning the "fallacious" statement by Sharif about the Mumbai terror attack and termed it as "incorrect and misleading".
While addressing the media in Islamabad, Shah Mehmood said that he fears that Pakistan might face sanctions from the United States on the basis of Nawaz's remarks. "However, India created that impression by misreporting the interview".More news: Davinson Sanchez signs improved contract at Tottenham
- HTC U12+ revealed in new images while full specs leak out
- Nokia X6 to go global after all
- Pope 'making history' with Chile abuse summit
- Open rigging in West Bengal as poll violence peaks
- Italy threat to rip up Eurozone rules shakes European Union powerbrokers
- Charles Barkley Delivers Stern Warning to LeBron and Cavs About Celtics
- YouTube to launch a premium music service
- Senate votes to save net neutrality rules
- How to get the Android P beta on your OnePlus 6
- Total CEO says oil price could hit US$100 'in coming months'