Deschamps has a wealth of attacking options despite the omissions of Lacazette and Martial, with Chelsea's Olivier Giroud competing with the likes of Atletico striker Antoine Griezmann, PSG forward Kylian Mbappe and Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele for selection in Russian Federation.
The main surprise of the French application was the absence of midfielder Marseille's Dimitri Payet, who due to injury didn't play the final match of the Europa League against Atletico Madrid (0:3).
"Without his injury he would have been a serious candidate for the 23-man list", Deschamps said.
The Manchester City left-back has made a full recovery following cruciate knee ligament surgery last September but only featured as a substitute during the closing weeks of the campaign for the Premier League champions.More news: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Live Cricket Score T20 Match Today
Another striker, Payet's team-mate Florian Thauvin, who has excelled in the south of France after an unhappy spell at Newcastle, will also go to Russian Federation.
"I dreamed of participating in this World Cup like all the children who will watch this World Cup", said the 19-year-old Mbappe.
"But, on the personal side, it hurts me to leave out players who took part in the European championship, and others who took part in the qualifiers and helped the team get this far".
Dimitri Payet was left out of France's 23-man World Cup squad on Thursday, a day after being injured during Marseille's Europa League final defeat by Atletico Madrid. The list that will count is on June 4 at noon.
As expected, Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema is not in the squad after being snubbed since being involved in a sex tape blackmail scandal in 2015.More news: BSF personnel martyred in Pak firing along International Border in Jammu
"Two years have passed".
"Players have repaid my faith and I put the group above everything", Deschamps said.
"I make decisions for the good of the France team".
Tuneups. France will play three games at home: Ireland, Italy and finally the USA June 9 in Lyon.
France have been drawn in Group C along with Australia, Peru and Denmark.More news: China Okays Toshiba's USD18 Billion Sale Of Memory-Chip Unit
- Cardi B and Offset Sued by Fan Who Was Attacked by Bodyguards
- Nikki Bella: John Cena is 'the one'
- As US deadline passes, Mexico says NAFTA deal still doable
- Salah's boots score at British Museum
- Bashar al-Assad has travelled to Russian Federation to meet Vladimir Putin
- Christine Lampard opens up about her pregnancy
- Cambridge Analytica files for bankruptcy in the USA after Facebook privacy row
- Rihanna's response to whether she'll be at the royal wedding is hilarious
- Reuben Foster's ex falsely accused another man of domestic violence in 2011
- Explosive eruption at Hawaii volcano