Officers responding to a call of an active shooter at 1:30 a.m. local time at the 800-acre resort outside Miami exchanged gunfire with the man, Doral Police Chief Hernan Organvidez said at a news conference.
Trump's biggest revenue generator listed in the report was the Trump National Doral Golf Club, which earned $74.8 million.
The Doral Police Department says on its website Friday morning there is "no further threat".More news: Liverpool Fans Livid with Club's Plans For Champions League Trophy Parade
The fire alarm was blaring, which Perez said was an attempt by the suspect to lure officers into the lobby. "And he had an American flag that he did drape over the counter", Perez said.
The gunman - who has not yet been identified - eventually was "neutralized" in a shootout with police. That officer was taken to Baptist Hospital and is said to be in good condition.
The President's son Eric Trump applauded Doral and Miami-Dade officers. "Right now we want to get more information and see what his real motive was", said Miami-Dade Police Director Juan Perez.More news: Australian climbs Everest, becomes fastest to scale 'Seven Summits'
Perez did not provide details on what the shooter was saying about Trump, who was at the White House at the time.
He said the Secret Service was on the scene, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation was on the way. "Special Agents from the Miami Field Office are on the scene and working closely with our law enforcement partners".
President Donald Trump earned $40.4 million in 2017 from his company's hotel in Washington, D.C., according to his latest financial disclosure statements. Its signature course is the Blue Monster at Doral.More news: Haspel confirmed for Central Intelligence Agency
- YouTube to launch a premium music service
- Salman Khan resembles Vin Diesel in Race 3
- Italy threat to rip up Eurozone rules shakes European Union powerbrokers
- Total CEO says oil price could hit US$100 'in coming months'
- Guardiola signs two-year contract extension at Manchester City
- Dow drops almost 200 points
- Liverpool invited to take part in new Club World Cup worth £100m
- US Birth Rate Hits 30-Year Low
- I stuck with my plans against Kings: Bumrah
- Epic Games release new mode with BIG V-Bucks rewards