Football: Premier League champions Manchester City soak up fans' adulation in victory parade
The decision of not electing Mohamed Salah as our player of the season was always going to be a tough one but we can't help but acknowledge the influence Kevin de Bruyne has had on Manchester City this season.
The Spaniard saw his side set a new Premier League points record of 100, scoring 106 goals along the way. Three digits is very hard to manage again and to be part of that means a lot.
That level of regular success is something City have been unable to take on to the European stage, reaching the Champions League semi-finals just once in seven attempts and bowing out to finalists Liverpool in the quarter-finals this time around.More news: PayPal agrees to buy iZettle for Dollars 2.2 bn
Manchester United have actually got the highest amount, thanks to finishing second in the table and ridiculously being live on TV twice more than the brilliant champions Manchester City. We give them two days and then go to a camp.
Maybe that's why the only recent champions to buck the trend were the more attack-oriented Manchester City sides of 2013 and 2015. When Chelsea and Leicester won those titles they knew they couldn't play any better.
Pep Guardiola capped off a stunning season after he was voted the 2017/18 LMA Manager of the Year. The investment was so important and the quality of our players made the difference. However, he showed another side in the final 15 minutes as both Brahim Diaz and Phil Foden were brought on - giving each player a fifth appearance of the season to earn a Premier League winners' medal.More news: BSF personnel martyred in Pak firing along International Border in Jammu
Asked what he had done wrong, Conte said: "The other team was more determined than us and I think that today I wasn't able to convey that determination to my players, to play the last game against Newcastle".
Opponents, barring perhaps Liverpool, have simply not found any way to combat City's free-flowing football.More news: 'I hear covfefe': President Trump weighs in on 'yanny' and 'laurel'
- Trump, still planning summit, reassures and warns Kim Jong Un
- Christine Lampard opens up about her pregnancy
- As US deadline passes, Mexico says NAFTA deal still doable
- Kim Kardashian Stirs Debate After Sharing Picture of Her Children's Bath Time
- Injured Payet, Lacazette excluded from France squad
- Rihanna's response to whether she'll be at the royal wedding is hilarious
- Future of Northampton Mothercare uncertain as store closures announced
- Became known to new salary of Paulo Fonseca at Shakhtar
- New Jersey school bus crash kills two, leaves 43 injured
- Bulgarian Foreign Minister: EU remains united over Iran nuclear deal