But with the clamour for trophies growing stronger all the time, Pochettino, in an alarming change of tone, suggested that the north Londoners might have to ditch their current policy of frugality and "take risks" to start delivering silverware.
But it is believed Levy is ready to back Pochettino and that Chelsea's advances will be rejected by the 46-year-old, who is happy at Spurs and keen to carry on his project of next season's move into their new stadium.More news: Astronomers have found the oldest oxygen in the Universe
Pochettino is set to meet with chairman Daniel Levy for talks over his future.
'I have learned my lesson on speaking on that sort of stuff.
Supporting his boss, he added: "It is good that the manager has come out and said that".
He would be the fifth former Ajax player to join Spurs' squad in recent years, with the likes of Alderweireld, Davinson Sanchez, Christian Eriksen and Jan Vertonghen all turning out for the Dutch giants before Spurs.More news: Deadpool 2: The merc with the mouth returns
Following Spurs' 5-4 win over Leicester City on the final day of the Premier League season, Pochettino intimated that he wanted the club to spend more in order to compete with the top clubs in the country.
"It is a season where I have had to be patient and be mentally positive", Sky Sports News quotes the defender as saying.
"It is a team game".
The England global lost the left-back spot at Spurs to Ben Davies this term and has been limited to 17 appearances in all competitions.More news: Future of Northampton Mothercare uncertain as store closures announced
"I fancy myself against anybody in the league".
- Salah's boots score at British Museum
- Kim Kardashian Stirs Debate After Sharing Picture of Her Children's Bath Time
- PayPal agrees to buy iZettle for Dollars 2.2 bn
- Liverpool Fans Livid with Club's Plans For Champions League Trophy Parade
- Christine Lampard opens up about her pregnancy
- Explosive eruption at Hawaii volcano
- Bulgarian Foreign Minister: EU remains united over Iran nuclear deal
- Elon Musk details plans for LA's LOOP
- Dow drops almost 200 points
- Ratas attending EU-Western Balkans summit in Sofia