For those who are still considering getting their hands on the phone, the good news is that we might now have a timeframe to look forward to and it is this coming summer. Verizon more vaguely said it will be arriving "later this year". At RED Studios in Los Angeles on Saturday, the media is invited to get a private sneak peek at Hydrogen One. You can register for the event over on AT&T's website. The phone lets you enjoy 3D-like graphics sans the glasses. This means the phone can handle 2D, 2D, AR, mixed reality and VR, all without additional hardware or headsets.More news: Epic Games release new mode with BIG V-Bucks rewards
Like we said details about the phone are scarce but apparently it will feature a mysterious holographic display and camera capable of recording 3D video.
We do know that it will be available on the Verizon Up rewards program, so every $300 spent on monthly bills can be turned into prizes - from VIP tickets to everyday rewards. However, the question still remains of whether or not consumers are ready to throw down $1200 for a phone made by a company they may or may not have heard of before. Called the Hydrogen One, the handset populated tons of media outlets' homepages (including ours). Again no details have been supplied, but given RED's pedigree you can imagine modules could add new camera tech in some fashion.More news: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Live Cricket Score T20 Match Today
Building off of the modular roots of the Moto Z, the Hydrogen One features a pogo pin system that will allow for add-ons that enhance the functionality of the phone over time. RED started taking pre-rders earlier this year, with two models priced at $1,295 and $1,595. But at this pre-release stage, and not having seen the phone, you can color me a skeptic.More news: HTC U12+ revealed in new images while full specs leak out
- Alec Baldwin, Wife Hilaria Welcome Fourth Child: 'He's Perfect'
- Astronomers have found the oldest oxygen in the Universe
- Liverpool Fans Livid with Club's Plans For Champions League Trophy Parade
- Open rigging in West Bengal as poll violence peaks
- Italy threat to rip up Eurozone rules shakes European Union powerbrokers
- PayPal agrees to buy iZettle for Dollars 2.2 bn
- Dow drops almost 200 points
- Australian climbs Everest, becomes fastest to scale 'Seven Summits'
- I stuck with my plans against Kings: Bumrah
- How to get the Android P beta on your OnePlus 6