For those who are still considering getting their hands on the phone, the good news is that we might now have a timeframe to look forward to and it is this coming summer. Verizon more vaguely said it will be arriving "later this year". At RED Studios in Los Angeles on Saturday, the media is invited to get a private sneak peek at Hydrogen One. You can register for the event over on AT&T's website. The phone lets you enjoy 3D-like graphics sans the glasses. This means the phone can handle 2D, 2D, AR, mixed reality and VR, all without additional hardware or headsets.More news: Davinson Sanchez signs improved contract at Tottenham
Like we said details about the phone are scarce but apparently it will feature a mysterious holographic display and camera capable of recording 3D video.
We do know that it will be available on the Verizon Up rewards program, so every $300 spent on monthly bills can be turned into prizes - from VIP tickets to everyday rewards. However, the question still remains of whether or not consumers are ready to throw down $1200 for a phone made by a company they may or may not have heard of before. Called the Hydrogen One, the handset populated tons of media outlets' homepages (including ours). Again no details have been supplied, but given RED's pedigree you can imagine modules could add new camera tech in some fashion.More news: Italy threat to rip up Eurozone rules shakes European Union powerbrokers
Building off of the modular roots of the Moto Z, the Hydrogen One features a pogo pin system that will allow for add-ons that enhance the functionality of the phone over time. RED started taking pre-rders earlier this year, with two models priced at $1,295 and $1,595. But at this pre-release stage, and not having seen the phone, you can color me a skeptic.More news: Injured Payet, Lacazette excluded from France squad
- Liverpool invited to take part in new Club World Cup worth £100m
- Pope 'making history' with Chile abuse summit
- Eagles World Cup Camp Opens Monday In Uyo
- Future of Northampton Mothercare uncertain as store closures announced
- Haspel confirmed for Central Intelligence Agency
- How to get the Android P beta on your OnePlus 6
- Elon Musk details plans for LA's LOOP
- Total CEO says oil price could hit US$100 'in coming months'
- Salman Khan resembles Vin Diesel in Race 3
- Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Live Cricket Score T20 Match Today