Yates put in a late attack to win his second stage of the Giro d'Italia.
Join PRO to watch the 2018 Giro d'Italia live and on replay. "I certainly haven't given up hope".
"We saw with Esteban Chaves how quickly things can change for the general classification riders, so we just have to keep plugging away and keep trying to do everything we can", Froome said.
Esteban Chaves has suffered a major setback at the Giro d'Italia
The Mitchelton-Scott rider attacked in the closing two kilometres of the 156km stage 11. Tom is a bit more of a steady climber, he is super hard to drop but these are the stages where I can gain some time.
"I never look at time differences, I just go full-gas until the finish of the time trial and I will see what I get".
"The Giro has been in my head since last winter". That leaves the four-time Tour de France victor 23rd overall and a huge three minutes and 20 seconds off his fellow Briton.
Yates and Dumoulin, the two favourites for the pink jersey, were part of the initial breakaway on the stage from Assisi to Osimo near the Adriatic coast. He is more than three minutes behind. "I felt good all day and I'm really pleased that I took advantage of the opportunity". "I'm going to keep fighting".More news: Mueller wins as judge upholds his authority in Manafort case
The stage crossed through the hometown of Italian cyclist Michele Scarponi who was killed in a road accident a year ago.
There were a number of early attacks but nothing stuck until Luis León Sánchez and Alessandro De Marchi took off.
Yates, who is competing in his first Giro, has worn the leader's jersey since the arrival at the volcanic Mount Etna in Sicily last Thursday.
"We decided before the stage that we wouldn't chase because normally on such a finale there are faster guys like Tim Wellens", Yates said.More news: So. Indiana police escort son of fallen officer to school
Stage 12 will comprise a 214km route from Osimo to Imola.
Bennett recorded his fourth straight top-20 effort on the gruelling tour though he has lost time on overall leader Simon Yates of Britain. I am super happy and I would like to have a few easy days now before we get to the mountains. Tom Dumoulin (Netherlands, Sunweb) - 0,023.More news: Man charged with stalking Rihanna, burglarizing her home
- Affordable Realme 1 phone launched on Amazon with 6GB of RAM
- Miramar Map Now Available in PUBG Mobile for Android and iOS
- Microsoft announces the Surface Hub 2
- Wife of PGA golfer Lucas Glover arrested on domestic violence charges
- Violence on demonstrators in Gaza is 'unacceptable and inhuman'
- Kia to introduce 48v hybrid tech to diesel engines
- Luka Modric: "Liverpool deserve to be in the final"
- Netflix & ESPN Partner On Michael Jordan Docuseries 'The Last Dance'
- California governor slams Trump for 'lying' about immigration at 'sanctuary city' roundtable
- Donald Trump Jr. Is Literally a Cartoon Villain