The Rockets' Eric Gordon - the reigning NBA Sixth Man of the Year - was again named a finalist for the award.
As a finalist for the 2018 NBA Defensive MVP, Embiid, who averaged 11 rebounds and a 3.6 Real Plus-Minus rating will be facing off against fellow defensive anchors Rudy Gobert (5.15) and Anthony Davis (3.8) for the title best defender in the league.
He averaged 27.5 points - the most for him since the 2009-10 season - along with 8.6 rebounds and 9.1 assists and played in all 82 games of the regular season.More news: Yates secures second stage win to extend Giro d'Italia race lead
However, James is also a likely candidate as despite the Cleveland Cavaliers finishing the regular season as the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference, the Akron native enjoyed one of his finest individual seasons.
Simmons averaged 15.8 points, 8.1 rebounds, and 8.2 assists this season.
The Sixers' point guard also said he would like to win the award for teammates Embiid and Dario Saric, who lost to Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon last season (see story).
"I would vote for me", James said in March.More news: With friends like Trump, who needs enemies — European Union chief
Harden led the National Basketball Association in scoring at 30.4 points per game, while guiding the Rockets to a franchise-best 65 wins.
The results will be announced June 25 during a televised show in Los Angeles. Embiid trailed Davis in both categories and trailed Gobert in blocks per game and defensive real plus minus, which Gobert was the leader in.
Meanwhile, the Philadelphia 76ers' Ben Simmons and Utah Jazz's Donovan Mitchell are finalists for the NBA Rookie of the Year award.More news: Disruption of daily rhythms linked to mental health problems
- School officials release statement into investigation of 'nuisance' animal deaths
- Miramar Map Now Available in PUBG Mobile for Android and iOS
- Ibrahim Anwar declares 'new dawn for Malaysia' after release
- World Health Organization Seeks Ban Of Unhealthy Trans Fats
- Wife of PGA golfer Lucas Glover arrested on domestic violence charges
- YouTube launching new music streaming service that rivals Spotify
- Man charged with stalking Rihanna, burglarizing her home
- Jeff Kaplan Reveals More Details About New Overwatch Map "Petra"
- Tata Steel posts Rs 14688-cr net on one-off gain
- Mueller wins as judge upholds his authority in Manafort case