On Wednesday, the "nation's doctor" Jerome Adams was awaiting take off on a Delta flight at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport when the flight crew alerted the cabin to a medical emergency.
Dr. Jerome Adams, an anesthesiologist, said he assisted someone on a Delta Air Lines jet as he prepared to fly Wednesday to Jackson, Mississippi.More news: Microsoft reportedly plans $400 Surface tablet to rival $329 iPad
"Why yes - yes there was", he recounted in the tweet.
Flight staff called for help, and Adams, along with two nurses, stepped in to help evaluate the passenger. "Medical assistance was provided by the U.S. Surgeon General who worked with our flight crew to aid the customer", states Delta in a statement. Neither the doctor nor the airline revealed what the passenger's medical issue was.More news: PUBG Mobile Gets Miramar Desert Map Before Xbox One
According to local news station WAPT, Adams was headed to speak at the University of Mississippi Medical Center on Thursday to address the Trump administration's fight against the opioid epidemic.
President TrumpDonald John TrumpOregon governor to face state rep in November Ashford, Eastman neck and neck in Nebraska Dem primary Progressive pick Wild wins Dem primary for Pa. House seat MORE nominated Adams to be surgeon general a year ago, after Adams previously served as Indiana's state health commissioner. He or she oversees the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, more than 6,600 uniformed public health-care personnel who work in various parts of the federal government. He previously served as Indiana State Health Commissioner from 2014 to 2017.More news: Expanding in China: Starbucks doubles retail capacity
- First Industrial Realty Trust Inc Stock as Institutional Investors Exit
- West Norfolk beaches given Seaside Awards
- Nintendo Bringing Back NES Classic - Again
- You can eat romaine again; CDC: tainted lettuce likely gone
- Messi: Real Madrid win like no other team
- WWE Raw Likely To Stay On USA Network
- Manhattan to scrap majority of marijuana prosecutions
- Cahill defended as Maclaren axed from Australia team
- Neymar to Real would be tough for Barcelona, says Messi
- GOP pushes for speedy confirmation vote for Central Intelligence Agency nominee