It has been claimed that Battaglia's agents are now ready to work to terminate their client's contract with the club and he could leave Sporting Lisbon during the upcoming window.
RTP showed images of bloody wounds to the head of Sporting's Dutch striker Bas Dost and of a changing room that had been trashed. Jorge Jesus, the team's head coach, goalkeeper Rui Patrício and midfielder William Carvalho were also targeted, according to reports from newspaper O Jogo.More news: United States government scraps cyber coordinator role in White House
The club and the Portuguese FA have already condemned the attack on the players and the staff, but it seems it could motivate an exodus from the club in the summer.
Sporting have since issued a statement to denounce the acts of the individuals involved in the attacks.
He had scored in Sunday's 2-1 loss to Maritimo Funchal which left Sporting in third and missing out on Champions League football next season.More news: WWE Raw Likely To Stay On USA Network
The team are meeting their player's union on Wednesday to discuss their reaction which according to domestic media could see them refuse to play in Sunday's Cup final against Desportivo das Aves.
"This is not and can not be Sporting", it added. "We will make every effort to establish full responsibility for what has happened and we will not fail to demand the punishment of those who acted in this absolutely pitiful way".
Club president Bruno de Carvalho last month threatened to suspend almost the entire first-team squad after becoming involved in a public spat with the players over their performance in a Europa League match against Atletico Madrid.More news: Manhattan to scrap majority of marijuana prosecutions
- West Norfolk beaches given Seaside Awards
- You can eat romaine again; CDC: tainted lettuce likely gone
- DICE will reveal Battlefield V next week
- Pink Schools Troll Who Insulted Her Age and Looks
- Expanding in China: Starbucks doubles retail capacity
- Lionel Messi Included in Barcelona Squad for Friendly vs. Mamelodi Sundowns
- Lachlan Murdoch to serve as chairman, CEO of New Fox
- GOP pushes for speedy confirmation vote for Central Intelligence Agency nominee
- Banker jailed 32 months for helping Iran evade U.S. sanctions
- Microsoft reportedly plans $400 Surface tablet to rival $329 iPad