And although Neymar has been as good as anyone in the continent there were rumors speculating that the 26-year-old was disappointed with the lack of competitiveness in the Ligue 1.
The subject of Messi's former team-mate Neymar being linked to Real Madrid refuses to go away. You heard the president. "You know a lot about him and the likes of [Lionel] Messi because you watch them on YouTube when you're growing up, you always watch those type of players", he told reporters. "But we never spoke about a departure".More news: Horses, sports betting a mystery fit
The attacking duo have shared the Ballon d'Or between them since 2008, winning five each, and are widely considered to be the greatest footballers of their generation. I have never suggested that: "not being the first, nor the second, third or fourth", goal.com quoted Messi as saying. "I do not need to go to another team to prove anything". Every year, I am fighting to win everything. "And on a football level, it would make Madrid much stronger than they already are".More news: Scott Wagner Wins the Pennsylvania GOP Governor Primary
Salah swoop every award available before him in England following a remarkable season with Liverpool in the just ended English Premier League - claiming the top scorers accolade with 32 goals and was also adjudged as the PFA Player of the Year.
Messi sounds genuinely scared that Neymar will join Barcelona's fierce rivals, which isn't something you usually associate with the 30-year-old.More news: National Weather Service warns of hail, flood risks Monday in Will County
- Ford to Resume F-150, Super Duty Vehicle Production Within Days
- Samsung releases red, gold Galaxy S9s in S. Korea
- French Energy Giant Says Will Exit Iran Unless US Sanctions Waived
- US and six Arab states slap sanctions on Hezbollah leadership
- PRIMARY: Voter turn-out normal for primary election
- The troubled history of the East Coast rail franchise
- Karolina Pliskova attacks umpire's chair in epic tantrum
- IPL 2018: RCB Vs SRH - Five players to watch out for
- North Carolina Teachers Rally Over Wages, Education Funding
- Allan McGregor rejoins Rangers on two-year deal