Saudi Arabia authorities on Tuesday disclosed the Ramadan crescent had not been sighted, therefore the month of Sha'aban would end Wednesday, May 16, and the first day of Ramadan would be Thursday, May 17.
The governor wished them a peaceful and fruitful Ramadan.
Ramzan, the month of fasting in Islam, will begin from today as the moon was sighted yesterday.More news: Leaker of Michael Cohen's financial records makes another explosive accusation
The organ which represents the Islamic religion indicated, "The EMB and the Islamic Council of Theologians offer their best wishes to the entire Muslim community in Belgium, and wish that this sacred month be one of devotion, mutual support and dialogue between all elements of Belgian society". In this blessed month, let's take the opportunity to strengthen friendship and foster stronger family ties by performing activities together such as having the pre-dawn and break fast meals, as well as the night prayers as a family.
In a message signed by the state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Adedayo Adeneye, the governor urged the Muslims to submit their spirit, soul and body, in total submission to Allah.
In the same vein, Fayemi congratulated Muslims in Ekiti State and Nigeria in general as they commence another season of Ramadan. It involves self-reflection, goal-setting, and fasting.More news: Tencent advances revenues 48%, profit over 60% in Q1
Barde in a statement by his media office, urged the Muslim faithful to also pray for the security and unity of the country.
Ramzan, the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, is regarded as one of the Five Pillars of Islam and is observed based on the sighting of the moon according to accounts compiled in the hadith. "By doing this, Allah, in his faithfulness, will accept our sacrifices and answer our prayers", he added.More news: With friends like Trump, who needs enemies — European Union chief
- Sensex zooms 260 points as BJP takes the lead in Karnataka
- Standalone 'Star Wars' film about Lando Calrissian in the works
- VK Singh holds talks in North Korea, first trip in 20 years
- China Trade War: Two Nations to Hold Key Trade Talks This Week
- Jeff Kaplan Reveals More Details About New Overwatch Map "Petra"
- Chrissy Teigen And John Legend Welcome Baby Boy
- Ride of Silence held in Columbus to honor injured and fallen cyclists
- School officials release statement into investigation of 'nuisance' animal deaths
- Celtics survive 42-point night by LeBron, down Cavs
- Bolton: US sanctions 'possible' on European firms over Iran