According to the capsule summary provided by CBS of the revival, Candice Bergen returns as the title character, Faith Ford is back as lifestyle reporter Corky Sherwood, Joe Regalbuto will once again play investigative journalist Frank Fontana and Grant Shaud will be back as producer Miles Silverberg. "And, next year, we're positioned to build on this success with the addition of these exciting new shows and primetime events, such as "The AFC Championship Game, ' 'Super Bowl LIII, ' 'The Grammy Awards" and the NCAA Final Four".
"We have five remakes, but we also have plenty of new stuff as well", CBS entertainment president Kelly Kahl told reporters at a press conference in NY on Wednesday, May 16. The show airs at 20.30 on Mondays from this fall. Jay Hernandez will take over the starring role from Tom Selleck.More news: Banker jailed 32 months for helping Iran evade U.S. sanctions
The new comedies are "The Neighborhood", about a white family moving into a black neighborhood, and "Happy Together", which focuses on a pop star taking up residence in a young couple's spare room.
Murphy Brown is coming back, and this time, the legendary anchorwoman be hosting a show called "Murphy in the Morning".
While Brown returns to the business looking to find the balance between good television and honest reporting, she's also looking to guide her son Avery (Jake McDorman) into the journalism industry as he looks to follow in his mother's footsteps.More news: Pink Schools Troll Who Insulted Her Age and Looks
"Murphy Brown returns to a world of cable news, social media, fake news and a very different political and cultural climate", CBS said in a statement when the revival was announced. Brandon Micheal Hall plays the atheist, who pairs up with an online journalist played by Violett Beane.
Brought together by the "God Account", the two find themselves investigating God's friend suggestions and inadvertently helping others in need.More news: Cisco Systems (CSCO) Expected to Post Quarterly Sales of $12.42 Billion
- Lord & Taylor shopping site launching on Walmart.com
- DICE will reveal Battlefield V next week
- Lachlan Murdoch to serve as chairman, CEO of New Fox
- U.S. senate passes the bill in bid to retain net neutrality
- A gripping documentary series about Adnan Syed's infamous case is being made
- West Norfolk beaches given Seaside Awards
- GOP pushes for speedy confirmation vote for Central Intelligence Agency nominee
- Surgeon General Attends To Medical Emergency On Delta Flight
- Sporting CP condemn 'vandalism and aggression' after reports of players attacked
- WWE Raw Likely To Stay On USA Network