The striker said he feared he would miss the June 14-July 15 World Cup finals in Russian Federation in the immediate aftermath of suffering the injury.
Neymar, who formed one third of the "MSN" trident alongside Messi and Luis Suarez at Barça until last summer, recently said that the thing he most misses from his time in Spain is the friendship with his two attacking teammates.
Neymar moved to Paris Saint-Germain last summer in a record-breaking €222 million (£195m/$263m) transfer, but rumours have swirled around his future all season.More news: No decision on Justice KM Joseph as yet
And the Argentine admitted seeing his former team-mate at Madrid would be a huge blow.
When asked if he had told the Brazilian not even to think about going to Madrid, a smiling Messi said: "He knows what I think, I've already told him".
"I want to win the Champions League every year, to be a league champion every year".
Lionel Messi (left) is hopeful Neymar (center) does not join Cristiano Ronaldo (right) at Real Madrid next season.More news: Samsung releases red, gold Galaxy S9s in S. Korea
Neymar refused to give any insight as to where he would be playing his football next season after picking up Ligue 1's Player of the Year award on Sunday evening.
Neymar is desperate to help Brazil claim their sixth World Cup trophy as he continues to recover from a broken foot with less than a month remaining for the World Cup.
The 21st edition of the FIFA World Cup will kick off on June 14th with hosts Russian Federation taking on Saudi Arabia in a Group A encounter at the Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow. Moreover, Neymar perfectly suits the Galacticos ideology followed by Real Madrid's President Florentino Perez.More news: The troubled history of the East Coast rail franchise
- Vaping turns deadly as exploding pen launches projectile into Florida man's head
- Ecstatic Simeone urges final hero Griezmann to stay
- Neymar to Real would be tough for Barcelona, says Messi
- Allan McGregor rejoins Rangers on two-year deal
- French Energy Giant Says Will Exit Iran Unless US Sanctions Waived
- Amazon announces discounts for Prime members at Whole Foods Market
- Pennington Head Coach Shares Thought Process Behind UFC 224 Decision
- US and six Arab states slap sanctions on Hezbollah leadership
- IPL 2018: RCB Vs SRH - Five players to watch out for
- MSU To Pay $500 Million to Victims of Dr. Larry Nassar