Walmart has announced that it's adding high-end items to the fashion section of its website as part of a site upgrade first teased back in April. Walmart.coms new fashion experience will consist of two shops: Everyday Brands and Premium Brands.
The Lord & Taylor flagship store features thousands of trend-right styles, including womens, mens, and kids clothing, shoes, handbags, accessories, and jewelry, that will be updated regularly. The flagship, which will debut with more than 125 brands, including Tommy Bahama, Vince Camuto, Miss Selfridge, La La Anthony, Lucky Brand, H Halston and Effy, will be part of Walmart.coms broader fashion destination.More news: Surgeon General Attends To Medical Emergency On Delta Flight
"This innovative flagship on Walmart.com is an entirely new model for us and demonstrates the evolution of Lord & Taylor and our commitment to advancing our digital presence", said RJ Cilley, Lord & Taylor's SVP of digital.
"We want each category to feel like you are shopping a specialty store", said Marc Lore, president and CEO of Walmart's USA e-commerce business, adding that similar partnerships with other apparel brands are planned for later this year. The Bentonville, Arkansas-based retailer said at the time that it wanted to turn its website into a "premium fashion destination".More news: BC woman squats, poops then hurls feces at Tim Hortons employee
The luxury department store chain, which formally announced a partnership with Walmart late previous year, will earn a dedicated spot on the site's homepage, allowing it to market its extensive brand portfolio to the retail giant's estimated 100 million unique visitors every month, according to comScore data.
Lord & Taylor, once a leading apparel retailer, is joining forces with Walmart to create an online store on Walmart.com that will offer over 100 fashion brands, in a sign of the strategies retailers will need to consider in the new retail environment. According to CNBC, shoppers have been actively searching the retailer's existing ecommerce sites for premium brands, said Denise Incandela, head of fashion for Walmart's United States e-commerce operations. To distinguish the new flagship site, a Premium Brands from Lord & Taylor header will run across each premium brand page.More news: DICE will reveal Battlefield V next week
Later this year, Amazon is tipped to become the market leading apparel retailer in the USA, a title that Walmart is not prepared to ignore.
- United States government scraps cyber coordinator role in White House
- Amazon announces discounts for Prime members at Whole Foods Market
- Pennington Head Coach Shares Thought Process Behind UFC 224 Decision
- Banker jailed 32 months for helping Iran evade U.S. sanctions
- Everton FC Manager Sacked
- Manhattan to scrap majority of marijuana prosecutions
- Congo warns of 'new phase' in Ebola outbreak after first urban case
- Expanding in China: Starbucks doubles retail capacity
- GOP pushes for speedy confirmation vote for Central Intelligence Agency nominee
- Lionel Messi Included in Barcelona Squad for Friendly vs. Mamelodi Sundowns