But something is clearly in the air in the Italian capital, as a top female competitor's aggression completely came out following the completion of her match.
After vehemently arguing with the umpire to no avail Pliskova was furious when 42nd-ranked Sakkari was given the advantage and break point at a crucial stage of the match.
Karolina Pliskova is now the world number six in the women's singles rankings, and topped the pile as recently as July 2017.More news: IPL 2018: RCB Vs SRH - Five players to watch out for
No fine has been announced, and messages left with the Women's Tennis Association were not immediately returned.
At 5-5 in the third, Pliskova got engaged in a lengthy argument after she had an overhead smash called out.
Pliskova was stunned 3-6, 6-3, 7-5 by Maria Sakkari of Greece in the round of 32 at the Rome Masters.More news: TI Arrested Because a Security Guard Didn't Recognize Him
Sakkari visibly winced as Pliskova vented her fury, taking several steps backwards before the Czech had stormed off, before shaking the umpire's hand.
Pliskova's twin sister Kristyna, who is also a professional player, threw her support behind her sibling by calling out the horrendous umpire decision.More news: Chrissy Teigen And John Legend Welcome Baby Boy
- Bolton: US sanctions 'possible' on European firms over Iran
- Meghan Markle's Dad Now Says He Wants To Attend Royal Wedding
- Disruption of daily rhythms linked to mental health problems
- Tencent advances revenues 48%, profit over 60% in Q1
- Standalone 'Star Wars' film about Lando Calrissian in the works
- Apple Wants $1 Billion From Samsung In Damages Retrial
- Parcel bomb suspected in deadly California day spa explosion
- Guatemala follows United States by opening Jerusalem embassy
- Sensex zooms 260 points as BJP takes the lead in Karnataka
- Michael Carrick hits golf course the day after hanging up his boots