It's that time of year again where we frantically prepare ourselves (and our wallets) for another Overwatch event. Starting on May 22nd, ending June 12th, a brand new in-game event will take place for all platforms. The most interesting tidbit, however, was revealed by Overwatch Godfather and Game Director, Jeff Kaplan, in the most recent Developer Update video, "There are some really great cosmetic items too". The publisher shared two new Anniversary 2018 event skins on Twitter earlier today, unveiling new looks for both Tracer and Soldier: 76. "And this is a great opportunity for us, the Overwatch team, to celebrate you all and the fantastic things you've done for the game, all the awesome content you've created for the game". To help celebrate this and the anniversary, players can log in during the Overwatch Anniversary event and receive a free Legendary Anniversary Loot Box.
All the previous seasonal events will be returning.More news: Will perennial runner-up James Harden finally bag the NBA MVP?
For this free weekend, we're making Overwatch's full roster of 27 heroes and 18 maps available for play in a variety of modes, including Quick Play, Custom Games, and the Arcade.
Petra's release will coincide with the first free-for-all competitive Deathmatch season. All of them being Legendary, Epic or Origin skins.More news: Ibrahim Anwar declares 'new dawn for Malaysia' after release
Most importantly though, just like last year's Anniversary Event, this year's lootboxes will give players the opportunity to unlock every single cosmetic item from all past seasonal events.More news: World Health Organization Seeks Ban Of Unhealthy Trans Fats
- Miramar Map Now Available in PUBG Mobile for Android and iOS
- Officer saved lives by facing school gunman
- Is Man City greatest Premier League team ever?
- Just In: National Assembly Receives 2018 Budget Report
- Man charged with stalking Rihanna, burglarizing her home
- Cardi B Issues Apology For Offensive Language On New Feature "Girls"
- Yates secures second stage win to extend Giro d'Italia race lead
- Michael Carrick hits golf course the day after hanging up his boots
- Victor Moses dreams cup glory to erase last year's final sending off
- School officials release statement into investigation of 'nuisance' animal deaths