By Monday, the company expects to restart production on Super Duty trucks at a plant in Louisville, Ky., and F-150s at its Kansas City, Mo., assembly plant.
Ford is restarting the F-150 and Super Duty production ahead of schedule.
Production of the F-150 halted following a fire at parts supplier Meridian Magnesium Products. The suspended production in Dearborn affected about 4,000 workers. "The ramp-up time to full production is improving every day".More news: Ryan Reynolds Meets Kakao Character Ryan For An Interview
The F-150 full-size pickup is the best-selling vehicle in the United States. Ford said it would eliminate all but two auto models in the US where sales of sedans have been falling across the entire industry as crossover, SUV, and pick-up sales boom.
"While the situation remains extremely dynamic, our teams are focused on returning our plants to full production as fast as possible", Joe Hinrichs, Ford president, Global Operations, said in a statement.
According to a release, work started immediately in the aftermath of the May 2 fire.More news: Samsung releases red, gold Galaxy S9s in S. Korea
When the team removed the die from the Eaton Rapids factory, it was shipped to Rickenbacker International Airport in Columbus, Ohio. The Eaton Rapids plant is producing truck parts again.
Ford executives declined to say how many vehicles were not produced as a result of the idling, though they said customers should have no problems finding trucks in dealership lots.More news: Guatemala follows United States by opening Jerusalem embassy
- National Weather Service warns of hail, flood risks Monday in Will County
- Preakness 2018 Draw and Odds: Justify Is Overwhelming Favorite
- Standalone 'Star Wars' film about Lando Calrissian in the works
- OnePlus 6 Avengers Edition Launched in China for CNY 4199
- Vaping turns deadly as exploding pen launches projectile into Florida man's head
- Parcel bomb suspected in deadly California day spa explosion
- Horses, sports betting a mystery fit
- Prison where Josh Holt is being held captive reportedly under attack
- Microsoft formally announce the Xbox Adaptive Controller
- TI Arrested Because a Security Guard Didn't Recognize Him