By Monday, the company expects to restart production on Super Duty trucks at a plant in Louisville, Ky., and F-150s at its Kansas City, Mo., assembly plant.
Ford is restarting the F-150 and Super Duty production ahead of schedule.
Production of the F-150 halted following a fire at parts supplier Meridian Magnesium Products. The suspended production in Dearborn affected about 4,000 workers. "The ramp-up time to full production is improving every day".More news: Guatemala follows United States by opening Jerusalem embassy
The F-150 full-size pickup is the best-selling vehicle in the United States. Ford said it would eliminate all but two auto models in the US where sales of sedans have been falling across the entire industry as crossover, SUV, and pick-up sales boom.
"While the situation remains extremely dynamic, our teams are focused on returning our plants to full production as fast as possible", Joe Hinrichs, Ford president, Global Operations, said in a statement.
According to a release, work started immediately in the aftermath of the May 2 fire.More news: Vaping turns deadly as exploding pen launches projectile into Florida man's head
When the team removed the die from the Eaton Rapids factory, it was shipped to Rickenbacker International Airport in Columbus, Ohio. The Eaton Rapids plant is producing truck parts again.
Ford executives declined to say how many vehicles were not produced as a result of the idling, though they said customers should have no problems finding trucks in dealership lots.More news: Bolton: US sanctions 'possible' on European firms over Iran
- National Weather Service warns of hail, flood risks Monday in Will County
- OnePlus 6 Avengers Edition Launched in China for CNY 4199
- China Trade War: Two Nations to Hold Key Trade Talks This Week
- Ryan Reynolds Meets Kakao Character Ryan For An Interview
- Parcel bomb suspected in deadly California day spa explosion
- Samsung releases red, gold Galaxy S9s in S. Korea
- Allan McGregor rejoins Rangers on two-year deal
- Ecstatic Simeone urges final hero Griezmann to stay
- Sensex zooms 260 points as BJP takes the lead in Karnataka
- VK Singh holds talks in North Korea, first trip in 20 years