By Monday, the company expects to restart production on Super Duty trucks at a plant in Louisville, Ky., and F-150s at its Kansas City, Mo., assembly plant.
Ford is restarting the F-150 and Super Duty production ahead of schedule.
Production of the F-150 halted following a fire at parts supplier Meridian Magnesium Products. The suspended production in Dearborn affected about 4,000 workers. "The ramp-up time to full production is improving every day".More news: The Markle Debacle Continues: Half-Sister Samantha Has Been Hospitalised
The F-150 full-size pickup is the best-selling vehicle in the United States. Ford said it would eliminate all but two auto models in the US where sales of sedans have been falling across the entire industry as crossover, SUV, and pick-up sales boom.
"While the situation remains extremely dynamic, our teams are focused on returning our plants to full production as fast as possible", Joe Hinrichs, Ford president, Global Operations, said in a statement.
According to a release, work started immediately in the aftermath of the May 2 fire.More news: Parcel bomb suspected in deadly California day spa explosion
When the team removed the die from the Eaton Rapids factory, it was shipped to Rickenbacker International Airport in Columbus, Ohio. The Eaton Rapids plant is producing truck parts again.
Ford executives declined to say how many vehicles were not produced as a result of the idling, though they said customers should have no problems finding trucks in dealership lots.More news: Dad of 10 charged with domestic violence in 2011
- Bolton: US sanctions 'possible' on European firms over Iran
- Prison where Josh Holt is being held captive reportedly under attack
- Scott Wagner Wins the Pennsylvania GOP Governor Primary
- Vaping turns deadly as exploding pen launches projectile into Florida man's head
- TI Arrested Because a Security Guard Didn't Recognize Him
- Karolina Pliskova attacks umpire's chair in epic tantrum
- Ecstatic Simeone urges final hero Griezmann to stay
- China Trade War: Two Nations to Hold Key Trade Talks This Week
- Muslims to commence Ramadan fasting on Thursday - Sultan
- Preakness 2018 Draw and Odds: Justify Is Overwhelming Favorite