English club side, Everton, have confirmed that manager, Sam Allardyce, has left the club after nearly six months in charge. He will be tasked with the search for a new manager along with new chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale and deputy chairman Keith Harris, whose promotions were only announced on Tuesday evening.
Arteta has his own history with Everton having played for the club for six years between 2005 and 2011, and having worked under Pep Guardiola at City since 2016, Everton fans could perhaps expect Arteta to introduce some of Citys philosophy and style of play to their team.
Sam Allardyce has blasted Everton FC management for making sweeping boardroom changes without informing him or his staff.
Everton Announces Departure of Sam Allardyce
'I'm shocked, disappointed and disgusted that the football club didn't have the decency to tell me, my Director of Football and my staff about the changes, ' he told Metro.
Rooney, 32, needs to know if he figures in the club's plans after months of frustration under Allardyce. Allardyce was in charge for 26 games in all competitions, winning 10, drawing seven and losing nine.More news: Prison where Josh Holt is being held captive reportedly under attack
Despite signing an 18-month deal, Allardyce appeared resigned to his fate after Sunday's 3-1 defeat at former club West Ham, during which Everton supporters called for his sacking.
Watford remain angered by Everton's repeated attempts to lure Silva to Goodison Park over a two-month period which unsettled the Portuguese boss and led to a dramatic dip in form on field - after one win was notched in 11 matches.
Shakhtar Donetsk coach Paulo Fonseca has also been linked with Everton as well as West Ham, while Louis van Gaal, Andre Villas-Boas, Sean Dyche and Eddie Howe are other names reportedly in the frame.More news: Neymar to Real would be tough for Barcelona, says Messi
Everton's biggest issue with appointing Silva is a dispute with his former employers Watford.More news: Manhattan to scrap majority of marijuana prosecutions
- Pennington Head Coach Shares Thought Process Behind UFC 224 Decision
- Scott Wagner Wins the Pennsylvania GOP Governor Primary
- Amazon announces discounts for Prime members at Whole Foods Market
- Yanny or Laurel? Soundbite sparks internet debates
- North Carolina Teachers Rally Over Wages, Education Funding
- Watch now: Full-length trailer for Whitney Houston documentary debuts
- You can eat romaine again; CDC: tainted lettuce likely gone
- National Weather Service warns of hail, flood risks Monday in Will County
- June's petrol price could rocket past R15 a litre
- French Energy Giant Says Will Exit Iran Unless US Sanctions Waived