I left home when I was 14 years old because I wanted to win trophies.
The 27-year-old France global has been heavily linked with a move away from the Wanda Metropolitano this summer and showed his class as Atleti ran out comfortable 3-0 winners in Lyon.
Marseille, which lost finals at this level in 1999 and 2004, began with urgency, but Germain shot over after being played clear through on goal by Dimitri Payet's slick pass. Adil Rami shot wide moments later as Marseille's positive start upset Atletico's rhythm.
Griezmann had hogged most of the attention before the final amid speculation he is about to end his four-year stay at Atletico to move to 25-times Spanish champions Barca when his buy-out clause drops to 100 million euros.More news: 'Laurel' or 'yanny'?: Viral 4-second audio clip is dividing the internet
"Simeone has taught me a lot, he made me become a better player and I hope I can keep improving every year, in every game".
"He has played three finals with us, has won two, and so that shows that he is not far away from his objective of regularly playing finals".
"Simeone made me grow personally and professionally; I'm delighted with him and I owe him a lot, I know, so I'm very fond of him".
Asked about Griezmann's future, Atletico head coach Diego Simeone said: "It's a decision that he will have to come to".More news: Netflix & ESPN Partner On Michael Jordan Docuseries 'The Last Dance'
"Florentino called to wish me good luck and said we'll see each other in the UEFA Super Cup", he revealed.
Runners-up in the Champions League in 2014 and 2016, Atletico won the Europa League in 2010 and 2012 and they looked odds-on to make it a hat-trick of titles from early in this season's final in Lyon.
"It was a dream of mine to win a trophy with Atleti, with Simeone and with my team-mates", Griezmann added.
"It wasn't meant to be in the Champions League, but I said to myself that tonight was going to be night and so it was".More news: Man charged with stalking Rihanna, burglarizing her home
- Harvick uses late move to win NASCAR race in Kansas
- Microsoft announces the Surface Hub 2
- Kia to introduce 48v hybrid tech to diesel engines
- Cardi B Issues Apology For Offensive Language On New Feature "Girls"
- Is Man City greatest Premier League team ever?
- Honor 10 launched: Watch unboxing and first impressions
- Just In: National Assembly Receives 2018 Budget Report
- 'Play like this and we'll lose the final,' Conte warns Chelsea stars
- Analytical Report on Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI)
- Eagles' Jay Ajayi Sued For Trashing Mansion, Accused of Pushing Home Owner