This also fortifies Amazon's growing power from a bundle of Prime offerings, which Chief Financial Officer Brian Olsavsky recently tagged as "the best deal in retail". "But this is a more meaty idea, tying together this idea of providing fresh foods at a good price to Prime members, ' he said", writes Elizabeth Weise for USA Today.
Sustainably-sourced, wild-caught halibut steaks: $9.99/lb., save $10/lb. New and exclusive deals will rotate weekly.
Of course, discounts on Whole Foods products have to compress margins in its grocery business. They will also get different bargains on items marked by blue signs in Whole Foods stores.More news: MSU To Pay $500 Million to Victims of Dr. Larry Nassar
Cold-brew coffee at Allegro coffee bars: 50 percent off 16 oz. Florida residents who have an Amazon Prime membership can now receive an additional 10 percent off at Whole Foods Market. Customers can also go to the Whole Foods Market app to learn about numerous best offers each week.
Since the grocery chain's acquisition in August 2017, the company has slashed the price up to 30 percent on over 100 items at Whole Foods and introduced one- and two-hour delivery options in select cities in Texas and Ohio.
Whole Foods Market is rolling out deep discounts for Amazon Prime members, the company announced on Wednesday.More news: No decision on Justice KM Joseph as yet
Amazon has fired another shot across the supermarket industry's bow. For example, in mid-April, messages on the Whole Foods website indicated that various shopper rewards and benefits would end May 2, including the retailer's pilot rewards program and digital coupons.
- Scott Wagner Wins the Pennsylvania GOP Governor Primary
- Dad of 10 charged with domestic violence in 2011
- Karolina Pliskova attacks umpire's chair in epic tantrum
- Yanny or Laurel? Soundbite sparks internet debates
- French Energy Giant Says Will Exit Iran Unless US Sanctions Waived
- Horses, sports betting a mystery fit
- Samsung releases red, gold Galaxy S9s in S. Korea
- The troubled history of the East Coast rail franchise
- PRIMARY: Voter turn-out normal for primary election
- Neymar to Real would be tough for Barcelona, says Messi