The series is described as "a cinematic look" at the case that "Serial" Season 1 made prominent - the 1999 murder of 18-year-old Hae Min Lee in Baltimore, Maryland, and her ex-boyfriend Syed's conviction.More news: Pink Schools Troll Who Insulted Her Age and Looks
Syed was jailed in 1999 for the murder of ex-girlfriend Hae Min Lee and has been serving a life sentence ever since.
For those who were consumed with this story, HBO and Sky said the series will include "ground-breaking revelations that challenge the state's case". With exclusive access to Adnan Syed, his family and his lawyers, director Amy Berg has been closely following their efforts to obtain justice, with the outcome still to be determined-and possibly shaped by the investigation pursued within the series itself.More news: DICE will reveal Battlefield V next week
Sky, Europe's largest pay TV operator, and HBO have a $250 million co-production deal and are working together on various projects.
Produced by Working Title TV and Instinct Productions, The Case Against Adnan Syed will both re-examine the police investigation and address Syed's present-day situation.
Adnan Syed is about to be tried - again - in the court of public opinion. The show will also feature original music from singer-songwriter Nick Cave.More news: Airtel to offer post FUP speed of 128Kbps on Unlimited Prepaid Packs
At this point, no specific premiere date for the series has been confirmed.
- Lionel Messi Included in Barcelona Squad for Friendly vs. Mamelodi Sundowns
- Congo warns of 'new phase' in Ebola outbreak after first urban case
- WWE Raw Likely To Stay On USA Network
- Meryl Streep to Star in Panama Papers Thriller for Steven Soderbergh
- Sporting CP condemn 'vandalism and aggression' after reports of players attacked
- Everton FC Manager Sacked
- Ministers cut betting machine stakes from £100 to £2
- United States government scraps cyber coordinator role in White House
- PUBG Mobile Gets Miramar Desert Map Before Xbox One
- First Industrial Realty Trust Inc Stock as Institutional Investors Exit