With an aim to improve the user's experience, WhatsApp on Tuesday announced the global availability of major updates that will change - how a user interacts with WhatsApp groups and manages the conversation. "A short blurb found under group info that allows you to set the objective, guidelines, or topics for the group". This should solve your daily conundrum with family WhatsApp Groups.
Following are the key features that have been added to revamp WhatsApp Group chat.
Group description: Now, WhatsApp will give description more prominence so that any new member to the WhatsApp Group understands the goal of the group.More news: Deputies conclude investigation into young girl attacked by bear
"Voice and video calling are very popular on WhatsApp, and we're excited to share that group calling will be coming in the months ahead".
The group-focused updates are rolling out today, May 15, for both iPhone and Android users. The description will be shared with each new member of the WhatsApp group chat - allowing those having a discussion to stay on topic. WhatsApp has taken notice and has introduced a number of new features to help admins and users to keep the group on track. And there are a couple of changes directed at group chat administrators.
WhatsApp has also started giving more control to group admins.More news: Kevin James, Leah Remini thank fans after 'Kevin Can Wait' cancellation
Group catch up: One of the most demanded features in Groups was a way to find out whether someone called you out at some point and you can straight dive into it.
It is worth noting that not all of the new features are aimed exclusively at those in charge of groups as the update also brings with it a "participant search" feature which as the name suggests lets group members more easily search for and find other groups members. Meanwhile, group owners can't be removed from a group they created. As for those who do wish to leave a group permanently, the new update also includes a safeguard to avoid those users being re-added to a group once again.More news: Barnier: 'Little progress' in Brexit talks since March
- Southern Maryland now included in severe thunderstorm warning
- Buffalo-ordained Bishop to give address at Royal Wedding
- Gov. LePage joins 6 other governors backing Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- Netta Barzilai wins 2018 Eurovision Song Contest for Israel
- Elon Musk explains Falcon 9 Block 5 which carried Bangabandhu-1
- QLD Captain Cam Smith Announces Origin Retirement
- Found: A Rapidly Expanding Supermassive Black Hole
- American Airlines bans some emotional support animals
- Tesla Registers New Business In China
- Charge against Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens is dropped