Stay with News 12 CT for the latest weather information, and download the News 12 app for on-the-go weather updates. Bowing squall lines develop all the time and move through our region, with wind gusts and damage that do not reach derecho-level.
The tornado watch is now in effect in 10 southeastern Pennsylvania counties.
Lows will only drop into the low to mid 60s (16 to 18 degrees Celsius), with a light wind eventually becoming southwest.More news: Khloe Kardashian Reveals Who Suggested the Name 'True' for Her Daughter!
Tonight, the chance of rain and storms is 60 percent here, mainly between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m., according to the weather service.
Over 600 people are without power in Clermont, but electricity is expected to be restored by 6:15 p.m., according to National Grid's electric outage map.
This unsafe storm will be near Lewisburg, Winfield and Montandon around 2:50, Northumberland, Sunbury and Shamokin Dam around 3 p.m., Riverside, Mooresburg and Stonington around 3:10 p.m. and Danville and Elysburg around 3:20. An "Enhanced Risk" area means that numerous severe storms possible; more persistent, widespread and intense storms; this includes but is not limited to damaging hail, multiple reports of damaging winds, and isolated tornadic activity.More news: WTO Opens Door For US Retaliation In Airbus Subsidy Saga
Forecasters project temperatures will rise into the 80s on Tuesday and will generate more humid conditions than in recent days. Regardless of further development or not, Friday may feature period of rain in our region that could be on the heavy side and perhaps come with gusty winds. Highs will be back into the lower 70s.
Meteorologists look at a bunch of different indices, which help us understand the atmosphere, when forecasting possible thunderstorms.More news: Mercedes restore order at top with Hamilton's win
- United States adds head of Iran's central bank to terrorist list, imposes sanctions
- EPL: Mourinho explains why he won't have assistant manager next season
- Sadr eyes Govt as poll upset rocks Iraq
- Title Match Confirmed For WWE Raw This Week
- Gov. LePage joins 6 other governors backing Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- Winklevoss Crypto Exchange Wins Approval to Trade Zcash
- Barnier: 'Little progress' in Brexit talks since March
- Tesla Registers New Business In China
- Scottish parliament decisively rejects European Union withdrawal bill
- Charge against Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens is dropped