"Orban now wants to enact laws that force non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to register with the government".
It would allow the interior minister to ban any NGOs active in the immigration field deemed to pose a "national security risk".
Rights groups in Hungary and overseas have denounced the proposals as a way of cracking down on groups critical of the government.More news: United Nations chief welcomes North Korea's closure of nuke test site
Orban and Soros have clashed over the 2015 European migration crisis.
Before the election, Orban's political campaign vilified Soros, and his activity supporting civil society, on billboards nationwide.
The "Stop Soros" package was "one of the most important questions of the election, Hungarians voted for it... what we said we would do, we will do", Orban said Monday on a visit to Warsaw. Open Society said the campaign had "invoked anti-Semitic imagery from World War II".More news: Tesla driver says she slammed into fire truck on Autopilot
Hungarian-American financier George Soros" "Open Society Foundations' network - which funds liberal causes such as the defense of human rights, education, criminal justice reform and better public health standards - announced Tuesday that it will close their offices in Budapest over government legislation targeting its efforts.
In 2010, Soros gave almost one million euros to help Hungarians affected by the catastrophic "red sludge" industrial disaster.
Soros launched his first foundation in Hungary in 1984, using it to promote freedom of expression during the last years of Communism, the OSF said.
Another term for Orban could also have implications for Soros's Central European University, a graduate school which is considered by the government a foreign institution.More news: Antonio Conte: Chelsea lacked spirit, will and desire in Newcastle defeat
- Christie Brinkley Spotted With Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Michael Avenatti
- Facebook closed 583m fake accounts in first three months of 2018
- Vodafone: Call new CEO maybe
- Pope Francis auctions off his blessed Lamborghini
- Gap Apologises For Flogging Shirts With Map Of China Bereft Of Taiwan
- West Ham hold talks with Zorro over replacing Moyes
- Ford Suspends Production of F-150 Trucks
- Superman's star Margot Kidder passes away at 69
- Iran's talks with European countries to save the nuclear deal
- Modi to visit Russian Federation on May 21 for informal summit